• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things-You-Can-Eat-That-You-Don't-Have-To-Cook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am always staggered by the paucity of readily available appetising comestibles on offer in this country's food stores.

Haven't got a sweet tooth, don't want crisps or limp sandwiches. Maybe a slice of tortilla, a hot spicy sausage or something.

Ended up with a pack of speck until I get to the kebabies tonight. So hungry I might hit the Chinese for pineapple fritters for pud!

What are you talking about?

Any decent shop will have a fruit section, a deli selling various cold cuts and cheeses, yogurts, pasties and other savoury pastries, and probably a selection of tapas & prepared salad type things.

I can only conclude you are lost somewhere in the midlands.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Jeeves does all my cooking.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Never heard of sandwiches?
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I can only conclude you are lost somewhere in the midlands.
          Piss off, you stuck up kraut wannabe.

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Jeeves does all my cooking.
            I thought most carers and home helps had polish names ? Jeeves doesn't sound polish
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

A ready cooked chicken.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Oh FFS, fine, I'll be the first to mention it then.

Contractor essentials

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

I am speaking from experience, not malice.

I had to spend a night in Coventry once, I asked the hotel receptionist if she could recommend a local restaurant, to which she replied "there used to be a chip shop but that closed. There is an Italian and a Mexican place at the other end of town though"

The Mexican place was a bar that sold nachos as a snack, so we ended up in the Italian having pizzas that were basically a supermarket pizza base topped with tinned tomatoes, grated cheddar and reprocessed ham.

I did used to live up that way for a while as well.
                    Last edited by doodab; 22 June 2011, 08:27.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X