• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The "c" word

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "c" word

After playing it in scrabble today, scrabble buddy told me that it's a term of endearment north of the border.

So would any of you Scottish c***s like to confirm/deny this before I try it on Scots colleague at clientCo?

Tee hee. Those jocks, deep frying everything and swearing.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      After playing it in scrabble today, scrabble buddy told me that it's a term of endearment north of the border.

So would any of you Scottish c***s like to confirm/deny this before I try it on Scots colleague at clientCo?
      You're either a c*** or a c***. Depends on the c*ntext. Rarely a term of endearment.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Is this a game of hang man?

Are you male or female? Ditto for your colleague.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

You can't play that in Scrabble FFS. Have some decorum. Just because the new Scrabble dictionary allows the use of these words, when I was growing up it was not allowed and still shouldn't be.

Could you imagine your 10 year old playing the word and saying 'Oh yes, it's a term of endearment in Scotland' !!!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            You can't play that in Scrabble FFS. Have some decorum. Just because the new Scrabble dictionary allows the use of these words, when I was growing up it was not allowed and still shouldn't be.

Could you imagine your 10 year old playing the word and saying 'Oh yes, it's a term of endearment in Scotland' !!!!!
            Fck of c***.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

If SOWPODS says it's good, it's good. Needs must.

Comment

it's in the Shorter OED and is a derivation of the old Norse word kunta (although you'd probably get a better score for that version)
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  Fck of c***.
                  I challenge Fck and there are not three blanks (*) in Scrabble.

My go.

Kiss my bahookie

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Blimey, google won't let me search it. Is google playing censor now?

Comment

Working...
                    X