• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dilemma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilemma

Work booked me for a day return flight from an airport 70 miles from where I live in error.

Costs £150 change, hence I am feeling rather obliged to be very inconvenienced.

Would you accept this hassle, or get the firm to pay for their error and stump up?

On the PA's company credit card.

How much closer is the alternative?

Can't you just book mileage?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      How much closer is the alternative?

Can't you just book mileage?
      No, as the airport booked is 5 miles from the office, but the wrong side so a 2.5 hour journey home during M62 rush hour. Also means that they wll not stump for the hotel, so the only way to save me the hassle nd hotel cost is to get the firm to rectify their problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        No, as the airport booked is 5 miles from the office, but the wrong side so a 2.5 hour journey home during M62 rush hour. Also means that they wll not stump for the hotel, so the only way to save me the hassle nd hotel cost is to get the firm to rectify their problem.
        So you would normally have a 65 mile drive to and from the office and you are bitching about driving an extra 5 miles?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

So you would normally have a 65 mile drive to and from the office and you are bitching about driving an extra 5 miles?
          Yes, basically, as my local airport is 3 miles away. It also means I need to leave home at 5am and not back until 8pm. Too much for a day. I am normally leaving home at 6 and back by 4.

Comment

Yes, basically, as my local airport is 3 miles away. It also means I need to leave home at 5am and not back until 8pm. Too much for a day. I am normally leaving home at 6 and back by 4.
            And can you get a suitable flight from your local airport?

Comment

And can you get a suitable flight from your local airport?
              And did you clearly state that you wanted to fly from XX rather than Manchester?

Do you fly from Manchester often? If not you are aware that it takes hours to get through passport control. Personally that 5am should be 4am.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                And did you clearly state that you wanted to fly from XX rather than Manchester?

Do you fly from Manchester often? If not you are aware that it takes hours to get through passport control. Personally that 5am should be 4am.
                Yes, I am a frequent Manchester flyer - off to the apartment in France tomorrow funnily enough!

I clearly stated on the form, but the PA did not read the form. So, I did all I should be doing to get correctly booked.

Calling them now to change. £150 is not enough to justify an additional 7 non billable hours to a working day!!

Comment

Calling them now to change. £150 is not enough to justify an additional 7 non billable hours to a working day!!

Comment

Leeds Bradford is convenient to your employer, you're a permy, you choose to live in Wilmslow on the other side of the pennines to your place of work, your problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X