• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speed ticket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed ticket

Went home last night and found a letter telling me I was speeding, was doing 61mph instead of 50mph on the north circular road..

Its the first time ever, so will I get the course, or the 3 point+ penalty??

P.S: anyone remembers that looooooong thread ATW posted years years ago when he was caught by a speeding camera?? It drove Roger Rabbit to insanity, I actually don't remember the outcome of that thread...

the course

Comment

You will get the points and the penalty but surely you should be banned from driving. Speeding like that way over the speed limit, you could have killed someone.

Didnt you read the news recently about the jackass actor who was speeding ?
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Five years ago, I got £60 fine and 3 points for 36 in a 30 zone. First ever offence.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          Five years ago, I got £60 fine and 3 points for 36 in a 30 zone. First ever offence.
          61 in a 50 zone I think will get you the points.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
            Bummer...

I am not enjoying London, oh this is my first speed offense, but about a month ago I got a letter with my car photo driving on a bus lane ... FHS I was turning left, and went on the bus lane only a few momnets before... beside many of London streets have signs saying one can use bus lanes in specific time, I got so confused... anyway I had to pay them £60 . . now this...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              61 in a 50 zone I think will get you the points.
              How so?

How also how long do points stay on the driving license?

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
                How so?

the course is only for those who are marginally over the limit - e.g. 56 in a 50
                61 in a 50 is clearly speeding so you'll get the points
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
                  How so?

points are valid for 3 years, but they stay on your licence for longer, 4 or 5 years I think

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

3 years on your licence for the topping up thing but I believe for insurance and other aspects they can be considered for 5 years. In the old days DVLA did not keep them on record for more than 3 years so the trick was to change address afte three years and get a new licence without the points on it but you are required to tell anyone that asks if they were in the last 5 years. Saying you had none would have been fraud.

I am not sure what the new system does with it after three years nowadays.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X