• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having a kip in the car at lunchtimes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a kip in the car at lunchtimes

Recently I've been very tired in the mornings, purely as a result of an inability to go to bed on time the night before.

As my contract is in a fairly rural location I've just been driving to a layby next to a field at lunchtimes and having a 30-minute snooze on the back seats - I do have to say it perks me up quite well. Haven't YET been caught by the client.

Still it is a little more civilised than my previous contract, where I was kipping in the well of a shower cubical down in the basement, and the floor of a vacant floor of the office building (a bit dusty that one).

Anyone else have any interesting locations for tactical somnolence (power napping)?

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Recently I've been very tired in the mornings, purely as a result of an inability to go to bed on time the night before.

As my contract is in a fairly rural location I've just been driving to a layby next to a field at lunchtimes and having a 30-minute snooze on the back seats - I do have to say it perks me up quite well. Haven't YET been caught by the client.

Still it is a little more civilised than my previous contract, where I was kipping in the well of a shower cubical down in the basement, and the floor of a vacant floor of the office building (a bit dusty that one).

Anyone else have any interesting locations for tactical somnolence (power napping)?

The car deffo. It only really works in the summer though. If I could get a little toiled fitted, it would be perfect

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Things to say if caught sleeping at work

10) They told me at the blood bank this might happen.

9) This is just a 15-minute power nap like they raved about in that
      time-management course you sent me to.

8) Whew! Guess I left the top off the White-Out. You probably got
      here just in time.

7) I wasn't sleeping, I was meditating on the mission statement and
      envisioning a new paradigm.

6) I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance.

5) I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve
      work-related stress. Are you discriminating toward people who
      practice Yoga?"

4) Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to
      our biggest problem.

3) The coffee machine is broken.

2) Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot.

1) ... and in Jesus' name. Amen.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post

6) I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance.

I used to have a tactical snooze in the server room when I was a permie
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I worked at a place in Runcorn for a few weeks. The bloke I worked for was a complete

At the end of day 1 I asked him, given the travel (days before the M60 ringroad had been completed) if it would be possible to place me on all the start early finish early or start late finish late shifts, saying that I was happy to do whichever shifts nobody really wanted. His response was that I had to do 9 to 5. This meant 90 mins travel each way as I'd get the peak of the rush hour in both directions. What I took to doing was parking up at just before 8 am and having a kip in my car right outside the main doors in their car park. So the people doing the earlies would have to walk past me (floating zzzzz's) while they were on their way in. Then I'd drift in an hour later.

Because of other stuff that went on, mainly with this prick, this is the only contract I've done where I've ever walked!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Client Co has some meeting rooms with fold out beds.

One place I worked had a chill out room with massage chairs and stuff.

At another place there was one guy who was occasionally left in the pub with his head on the table when we headed back after a lunchtime session. He had some sort of medical problem though.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I really think rooms for power naps are so important, in another bank we used to have a kind of a first aid room where people sneaked in for a nap if they are jet lagged or something.
              The other option is use the prayer rooms/multi- faith room, most big organisations would have one, and in fact any one including meditating Buddhist can use these rooms to meditate.

Comment

I just tell the secretary that I'm not to be disturbed, close the blinds, lock the office door and lie on the couch with a large glass of whiskey

Oh wait this isn't the 1960's
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
                  I really think rooms for power naps are so important, in another bank we used to have a kind of a first aid room where people sneaked in for a nap if they are jet lagged or something.
                  The other option is use the prayer rooms/multi- faith room, most big organisations would have one, and in fact any one including meditating Buddhist can use these rooms to meditate.
                  Snoring gives the game away though.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Reading that while looking at your avatar was rather weird.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X