• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yay, go Girl go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, go Girl go

The eldest daughter , 35 with 3 kids, jacked her job as a manager at Iceland, to persue her lifelong dream of being a paramedic.

She had the last hurdle today, a kids/trauma assessment, and passed.

It's been a tough two years

dead proud me

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Fair play to her.

That's actually one of the most dangerous jobs in the UK by all accounts.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      The eldest daughter , 35 with 3 kids, jacked her job as a manager at Iceland, to persue her lifelong dream of being a paramedic.

dead proud me

Well done to her!

Has she done the "blue light" driver training yet? That sounds like fun.
      One of my sons' mates has been doing a Paramedic Course up in Liverpool for the last couple of years or more too. He loves it, and let's be honest, you'll never be short of work on Merseyside in that line.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Well done EO's daughter.

And always useful to have someone medically trained in the family as you get on in years...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

dead proud me

That's great news. I have friends who are paramedics, who love it more than anything. Nice little sidelines as well taking up cushy private work for sporting events etc.

Also, she'll be excellently placed to react if she's ever struck down by rubella.

Comment

Good stuff. Always follow your dream no matter what hurdles there are.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Its nice to see that someone can over come the problems of having bad parents to make something of their lives lol!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Well done to her!

Has she done the "blue light" driver training yet? That sounds like fun.
                One of my sons' mates has been doing a Paramedic Course up in Liverpool for the last couple of years or more too. He loves it, and let's be honest, you'll never be short of work on Merseyside in that line.
                they probably know each other then. She passed the driving on the third attempt (i had to cough for the last 2)

she'll be the one with the golden red hair all down her back. (none on her head, just all down her back)

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Good stuff. Always follow your dream no matter what hurdles there are.
                  I had a dream that I was swimming naked in a massive aquarium tank swimming pool and all around the sides were beautiful women looking in.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It's going to cost you EO.

Are you off to celebrate?
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X