• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glastonbury 2011

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glastonbury 2011

Do they specially import the mud to encourage naked mud wrestling?

Somehow, lounging on the leather sofa with a glass of Bolly in one hand and a sliver of foie gras on some home made toast in the other, listening to some Miles Davis seems so much more appealing!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Somehow, lounging on the leather sofa with a glass of Bolly in one hand and a sliver of foie gras on some home made toast in the other, listening to some Miles Davis seems so much more appealing!
      I went for a nice evening stroll and almost everyone was wearing winter clothing, for protection against wind and rain and cold. Not bad for mid-summers day.

Comment

Very cold indeed for a June, TimberWolf. Although, to be fair, it is Wimbledon season. We can't expect the good weather to start again until the squeaky-clean, prune faced one sings the rain dance to the drenched masses.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Very cold indeed for a June, TimberWolf. Although, to be fair, it is Wimbledon season. We can't expect the good weather to start again until the squeaky-clean, prune faced one sings the rain dance to the drenched masses.
          Wimbledon has got a covered roof now, so all they need is central heating and they will be set to cope with a British summer

Comment

Somehow, lounging on the leather sofa with a glass of Bolly in one hand and a sliver of foie gras on some home made toast in the other, watching them all on the TV so much more appealing!
            FTFY
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Well I for one am gutted I'm not there!
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Oh joy. No doubt we'll have to put up with all the 'Glasto-bores' next week then.

Of course I went when it was 'proper'. CND / Drugs / Dysentry. None of this corporate entertaining / Pimms bar / charge your phone up here / toilets that work rubbish.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Great. So with this and wimbledon we can kiss 'barbeque June' goodbye once and for all.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    Great. So with this and wimbledon we can kiss 'barbeque June' goodbye once and for all.
                    Looking at the maximum daytime temperature yesterday (which was 16 degrees C here), I wonder what the record lowest ever recorded maximum midsummers day temperature has been for the UK (if that sentence can be parsed) and whether we came close to it this year? Historical average is showing as 21 degrees C.

Comment

Working...
                    X