• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - Become a burglar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B - Become a burglar

Family arrested for defending their home from a gang of masked intruders and killing one of them.

No word of police bothering to try arresting the rest of the burglary gang.

What's the point of working for a living any more? Even if the government allow you access to enough of your money to furnish your property with a few luxury possessions, they're open season for anyone who wants to break in and take them.

Madness.

BBC News - Suspected burglar stabbed to death in Salford

Opens up the whole Tony Martin debate again. Is anyone who breaks into your house fair game? Or should you consider their human rights?

Comment

One should have to be human to have human rights surely, where's the humanity in being a burglar ?
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

There are several aspects to this we don't know

The burglar may well have been known to householder and this was part of an on going feud.
        The burglar could have been threatened, was leaving and was then stabbed.
        The householders could have been totally un-cooperative with the police leaving them no option but to arrest.

And finally, you can't just kill someone because they're in your house and any death should be properly investigated.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

The burglar may well have been known to householder and this was part of an on going feud.
          The householders could have been totally un-cooperative with the police leaving them no option but to arrest.

And finally, you can't just kill someone because they're in your house and any death should be properly investigated.
          There is another option and that is that they were arrested for their own safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

true , but there are other possibilities

The Burglars may have a long history of breaking and entering with extreme violence

The Burglars may have threatened the householder with weaponry

The Burglars may have had designs on the householders wife and daughters

The police may have to follow obscene and daft procedures

there's lots of maybes

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

In any incident where one person kills another, that person will be arrested, it is SOP. This does not mean they are going to be found guilty, or even charged or tried for that matter and also has nothing to do with the polices efforts to catch the burglars.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                Opens up the whole Tony Martin debate again. Is anyone who breaks into your house fair game? Or should you consider their human rights?
                Not really, Tony Martin shot someone with an illegally held shotgun in the back as they were running away?!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Not really, Tony Martin shot someone in the back as they were running away?!
                  Might be similar circumstances here. Except with a knife you'd have to get a bit closer to stab someone in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                    Might be similar circumstances here. Except with a knife you'd have to get a bit closer to stab someone in the back.
                    Wasn't referring to the similar circumstances, was referring to the fact it shouldn't open up the Tony Martin debate again as he was clearly in the wrong when he shot two people running away.
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X