• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restaurants in Amsterdam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restaurants in Amsterdam

Can anyone recommend some good restaurants to go to.

Going over there soon and wouldn't mind some recommendations both "contractor type" and "non contractor type" that anyone may have eaten at.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Presumably you're going to bring back Tulip from Amsterdam ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Had my first ever Big Mac meal in Amsterdam. I'd never seen a Maccy D's before I went there! They cam to round us a while afterwards.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I went to an Argentinan Steak House there, right in the middle of the Falkands war.

Just to see if I could get away with it.

I did and the steak was excellent.

We didn't mention the war. Well, maybe once, but we got away with it.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          I went to an Argentinan Steak House there, right in the middle of the Falkands war.

Was it quite close to the station? I may have gone there as well in the mid '90s. Very nice it was too.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I can recommend an evening at Boom Chicago - they're an improv comedy mob based at the Leidseplein Theatre, and serve a brilliant dinner before the show. The auditorium is fitted out with canteen-style tables and benches rather than normal theatre seating, and the food was excellent when I went some years ago. It's also a good way of meeting new people as you'll inevitably finish up chatting to the eight or so strangers at the same table as you during dinner - our group included an American honeymoon couple who insisted on sharing innumerable jugs of beer and wouldn't let us pay for any of it

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Can anyone recommend some good restaurants to go to.

Going over there soon and wouldn't mind some recommendations both "contractor type" and "non contractor type" that anyone may have eaten at.
              My culinary experience of Amsterdam consisted of some nice cakes in a cafe followed by a dodgy buffet at a Chinese and afters in the Banana bar.

We did visit an Argentinian steakhouse on the Sunday which was very good but I can't remember the name?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

The one opposite the police station? I went there and it was rather good.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  The one opposite the police station? I went there and it was rather good.
                  We can't have all been to the same one?? Must be more than one.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    We can't have all been to the same one?? Must be more than one.
                    I can't remember the name either. In my defence we had popped in for a 'pint' beforehand.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X