• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I avoid IR35 this way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I avoid IR35 this way

I am a one man band Ltd Project Management company and work for one client at there office on a rolling contract, that could last for several years. Therefore I could fall into IR35.
    I have two friends who also have there own Ltd company's, one electrical the other financial.
    In theory, could I invoice them for imaginary work, they pay my company and when I receive my dividends I will pay them back in cash. They have also released money from there business with out paying taxes?
    Therefore to my accountant / HMRC I have carried out work for several company's and would fall outside IR35.

All in theory of course.

Originally posted by jamesc77 View Post
    I am a one man band Ltd Project Management company and work for one client at there office on a rolling contract, that could last for several years. Therefore I could fall into IR35.
    I have two friends who also have there own Ltd company's, one electrical the other financial.
    In theory, could I invoice them for imaginary work, they pay my company and when I receive my dividends I will pay them back in cash. They have also released money from there business with out paying taxes?
    Therefore to my accountant / HMRC I have carried out work for several company's and would fall outside IR35.

All in theory of course.
    If it means so much to you, to get an extra 7% or whatever, by paying cash and lying, I would suggest that you are asking on the wrong forum

in theory of course

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

You'll get done for false accounting.

Comment

But HMRC will investigate on a contract by contract basis. Whilst having concurrent contracts/income streams is certainly positive, it's not going to automatically mean you'll 'avoid IR35'.

Historically most IR35 enquiries have started with a routine PAYE inspection. If HMRC came to look at your books and records in detail, they would see through your ruse pretty quickly!
        Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          If it means so much to you, to get an extra 7% or whatever, by paying cash and lying, I would suggest that you are asking on the wrong forum

in theory of course

It's not about paying cash and saving 7%. I was just looking for ways to support not falling into IR35.

New Question just for you......

Are there any ways to help you not fall into IR35?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
            But HMRC will investigate on a contract by contract basis. Whilst having concurrent contracts/income streams is certainly positive, it's not going to automatically mean you'll 'avoid IR35'.

Historically most IR35 enquiries have started with a routine PAYE inspection. If HMRC came to look at your books and records in detail, they would see through your ruse pretty quickly!
            Thanks, that's the type of constructive answer I was looking for

Comment

Originally posted by jamesc77 View Post
              It's not about paying cash and saving 7%. I was just looking for ways to support not falling into IR35.

New Question just for you......

Are there any ways to help you not fall into IR35?

Thanks
              well if you dont mind paying the 7% or whatever
              pay it
              and absolve yourself of all future worry

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

in theory of course

Exactly.

Can we move this to Accounting please?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

James, I have nothing constructive to add to this thread since I do not indulge in accounting malpractices. However, shall I point out to you that there is a significant difference between "there" and "their" ?
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    James, I have nothing constructive to add to this thread since I do not indulge in accounting malpractices. However, shall I point out to you that there is a significant difference between "there" and "their" ?
                    thanx 4 ur repli

Comment

Working...
                    X