• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share certificate and opening a bank account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share certificate and opening a bank account

Whilst attempting to open a bank account today, the bank manager asked me to get a share certificate signed with a witness (couldn't be her)

When I formed the company, I think I did it slightly wrong and issued one share of £1 to my husband, nothing to me! Can anybody shed any light on what I should do? Does he have to sign it? Can I get this changed? I got a bit confused during the formation process and assumed as I was the director I didn't have to allocate shares to myself...yes I'm still learning!

Mini

Originally posted by MiniMani View Post
    Whilst attempting to open a bank account today, the bank manager asked me to get a share certificate signed with a witness (couldn't be her)

When I formed the company, I think I did it slightly wrong and issued one share of £1 to my husband, nothing to me! Can anybody shed any light on what I should do? Does he have to sign it? Can I get this changed? I got a bit confused during the formation process and assumed as I was the director I didn't have to allocate shares to myself...yes I'm still learning!

Mini
    Sounds like a word in your accountants shell-like ear, to adjust the shares would be a good idea.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by MiniMani View Post

Mini
      If it was intended that you were to have the share instead of your husband, then simply create a share transfer form and transfer the share he holds into your name on the date of incorporation to reflect what should have happened in reality.

If you intended to have 1 share each, then go onto Companies House website and allocate a share to yourself on the date it was intended (Form SH01).

All these forms can then be produced to the bank.

Comment

Thankyou very much Craig

Comment

Working...
        X