• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drugs (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drugs (again)

We were doing this the other day but one thing I don't think was said, if you stop import of expensive products like cocaine or heroine people just turn to cheaper, home made and even more lethal alternatives. Crystal meph, home grown skunk cannabis - far worse than the old hippy product, solvents and now this one:

Krokodil: The drug that eats junkies - Europe, World - The Independent

Yech. I have a lot of lawn feed and weed stuff that wasn't much good, anything I can do with that does anyone know?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    We were doing this the other day but one thing I don't think was said, if you stop import of expensive products like cocaine or heroine people just turn to cheaper, home made and even more lethal alternatives. Crystal meph, home grown skunk cannabis - far worse than the old hippy product, solvents and now this one:

Yech. I have a lot of lawn feed and weed stuff that wasn't much good, anything I can do with that does anyone know?
    Skunk is not more lethal - it's just cannabis with a higher concentration of THC.

If you're looking for something lethal, try Buckfast.

Comment

I've just read that article from the Indy and it made me feel sick.

How people can live like that is beyond me, obviously addicted to something way beyond their own control.

Awful.

Comment

The effects of Krocodil

Eugh
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Are you a stoner then Xog?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That's terrible. Don't know how you can solve it though. Banning sales of codeine isn't going to work unless you can provide quality rehab for everyone affected.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              That's terrible. Don't know how you can solve it though. Banning sales of codeine isn't going to work unless you can provide quality rehab for everyone affected.
              Indeed, difficult. However I think somehow you need to work out what on earth makes people willing to do this to themselves and tackle that. I'm perhaps too comfortable and lucky to be able to imagine how someone can destroy their own life this way; I like being alive and healthy and want to make the most of that. Some people must hate their lives. Very sad indeed.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Jeeze, that even turned my jaded stomach. Poor sods.

Comment

Natural selection. Let them carry on I say.

Comment

Jesus! That picture is horrible. Russia must be depressing in parts, anybody been there ?
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X