• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair: UK could still join euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blair: UK could still join euro

BBC News - Tony Blair: UK could still join euro in future

We know it makes sense. We love you Tony!

Former prime minister Tony Blair has said there might still be a case for the UK joining the euro in the future.

He told the BBC he did not agree with people who argued joining would be a disaster, but there had to be a compelling economic case for doing so.

He said he believed the euro would eventually resolve its problems and the case for Britain joining may become "compelling ... at a certain point".

David Cameron said it would be a "dreadful idea" for Britain to join.

The prime minister, in Brussels for an EU summit where Greece's debt crisis is among items on the agenda, said: "Britain is out of the euro - I think we will stay out of the euro and certainly as long as I am doing this job there is no prospect of Britain even contemplating joining the euro."

The Greek parliament has to pass fresh austerity measures next week before the country can gain vital bail-out funds to prevent it defaulting on its loan payments, due in mid-July.

Mr Blair told BBC One's Politics Show, in an interview to be broadcast on Sunday, he had backed the idea of Britain joining the euro when he came to power - but had accepted that the conditions had to be right.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Just proves he has totally lost touch with reality. If he ever was in touch, which I seriously doubt. The man is an idiot.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

What odds on him having another stint as PM?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Yes, because that would increase Blair's pay .... Never mind he sold everyone down the river for his own greed ... I hope he gets arse pummeled by some queer Europeans ...

Ughhhhhh labourite lemmings, wish they would jump off a cliff ....

Thank goodness Cameron is in charge than that treacherous scottish mentally unsound lunatic of years past ....

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Just proves he has totally lost touch with reality. If he ever was in touch, which I seriously doubt. The man is an idiot.
          His reality is that he might be elected president after that Belgian nonentity whats-his-name Rump-something.

So flattering and/or consoling the eurocrats makes perfect sense for him.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post

Thank goodness Cameron is in charge than that treacherous scottish mentally unsound lunatic of years past ....
            Cameron is really no more effective than Brown, if anything even less so, despite being more personable.

All Cameron can do is talk big, until the next day's headline or EU directive or treacherous LibDem "partner" scuppers his latest fantasy.

Even if he and his colleagues had a bit more bottle, British MPs, from the Prime Minister down, are just a bunch of powerless clerks now.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Cameron is really no more effective than Brown, if anything even less so, despite being more personable.

All Cameron can do is talk big, until the next day's headline or EU directive or treacherous LibDem "partner" scuppers his latest fantasy.

Even if he and his colleagues had a bit more bottle, British MPs, from the Prime Minister down, are just a bunch of powerless clerks now.
              Anything is more effective than a scum sucking labourite ......

Someone should mail Brown an eclair, try to tip him back to his eating disorder ....

Comment

Anything is more effective than a scum sucking labourite ......
                Yes, while I'll agree that history shows that to be the case, EO is right with the modern political showcasing: career puppets dancing the tune to their EU masters.

Regardless of the team you support, for those of you that are still deluded and distracted by your partisan support of the blue team, the red team or god help you, the green team, it is mere panem et circensus to the machinations behind the scenes that are affecting your ability to live your lives under the banner of freedom.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Yes, while I'll agree that history shows that to be the case, EO is right with the modern political showcasing: career puppets dancing the tune to their EU masters..
                  That's similar to what Ive said before ..... Ive always compared politicians to puppets like punch and judy ....

They dont control as much as the populas would hope, that would be the people with their hand up their arse ...

However, they do have the power to make some changes, when morons in public are silenced. Hopefully at least, the conservatives will do the same as every cycle and cut public spending ....

Comment

However, they do have the power to make some changes, when morons in public are silenced. Hopefully at least, the conservatives will do the same as every cycle and cut public spending ....
                    Unfortunately this crew of charlatans will say they will cut, but it will be too little too late.

As I said, it matters not what the colour of the ruling banner is, the path to a more totalitarian state will continue unheeded while the proletariat are morphined up to their apathy on Strictly Come Lap Dancing.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X