• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed!

Weekend heatwave forecast leads to health warnings - Telegraph

The Met Office has issued a heat-health alert for the East Midlands, east of England and the South East, where temperatures of 86F (30C) are likely on Sunday and Monday and could peak at 90F (32C) on Monday.

The high temperatures could be dangerous, particularly for the very old, the very young and those with chronic conditions, forecasters said.

Bring out your dead! It's going to be as warm as a Spring day in Greece/Spain!

So can you push old people in wheelchairs, you dont like out in to the sun and leave them there?

Comment

Don't we do middling summer temperatures in the UK any more. It seems to be either 12 deg C or 30, deluge or drought.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

There's a dead pigeon in my wheely bin (flew into the window and didn't get up again). He's going to get a bit whiffy.

Comment

Weekend heatwave forecast leads to health warnings - Telegraph

The Met Office has issued a heat-health alert for the East Midlands, east of England and the South East, where temperatures of 86F (30C) are likely on Sunday and Monday and could peak at 90F (32C) on Monday.

The high temperatures could be dangerous, particularly for the very old, the very young and those with chronic conditions, forecasters said.

That'll be the same bungling bunch of overheads desperately seeking to justify their £1.5 million bonuses direct from your taxes, despite a cacophony of forecasts that are no better than Mrs Miggin's teacup readings and distilled hedgehog clippings?
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I oughta slap you with a wet kipper ......

You gave me false hope that the midlands/north would have ok-ish weather, but looking outside, it's awful. So much for sunbathing, instead its just bathing. I might have to swim to the shops ....

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post

You gave me false hope that the midlands/north would have ok-ish weather, but looking outside, it's awful. So much for sunbathing, instead its just bathing. I might have to swim to the shops ....
              It's tulipe here in the SE too... still they did say Sunday & Monday
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post

Bright sunshine in the south. Obviously just up North with rubbish weather. Must be the smog from the factories.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Bright sunshine in the south. Obviously just up North with rubbish weather. Must be the smog from the factories.

Nope. I'm in the south west and it's overcast with the threat of rain.

Just seen on the BBC that it's sunny at Glastonbury, which is about 30 miles to the east. Now that is taking the piss.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Walked past a newspaper stand today telling me I was going to die in a heatwave. Had to laugh as I had five jumpers on and a thick winter coat on.

Comment

Working...
                    X