• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Putting the news items together

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting the news items together

In recent weeks we have had three apparently unrelated news items, two of them mentioned on CUK:

BBC News - Leicester City Council 'not ready' for zombie attack
    BBC News - Ladybird made into 'zombie' bodyguard by parasitic wasp
    Krokodil: The drug that eats junkies - Europe, World - The Independent

Parasites evolve to spread their own species. What better adaptation could there be than one that caused a disease that gave people a major high? One that people would deliberately try and catch? What if, like Krokodil, it had the unfortunate effects of rotting the tissues?

Lots of rotting people wandering around totally out of their minds? Maybe Leicester should review its plans for a zombie attack.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

You worry me.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      In recent weeks we have had three apparently unrelated news items, two of them mentioned on CUK:

BBC News - Leicester City Council 'not ready' for zombie attack
      BBC News - Ladybird made into 'zombie' bodyguard by parasitic wasp
      Krokodil: The drug that eats junkies - Europe, World - The Independent

Parasites evolve to spread their own species. What better adaptation could there be than one that caused a disease that gave people a major high? One that people would deliberately try and catch? What if, like Krokodil, it had the unfortunate effects of rotting the tissues?

Lots of rotting people wandering around totally out of their minds? Maybe Leicester should review its plans for a zombie attack.
      I agree Xoggoth, just a marathon session of multiplayer Left For Dead 2 followed by a shopping trip to the Croydon Peacocks centre had me grappling for my imaginary Avtomat Kalashnikova 47.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        I agree Xoggoth, just a marathon session of multiplayer Left For Dead 2 followed by a shopping trip to the Croydon Peacocks centre had me grappling for my imaginary Avtomat Kalashnikova 47.
        That's living dangerously. Personally I wouldn't entertain a trip to Croydon with just an AK for protection.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          That's living dangerously. Personally I wouldn't entertain a trip to Croydon with just an AK for protection.
          True, maybe a Panzerfaust 3 whilst shouting "Achtung Panzer!" would be the preferable option. Watch those chicken macnuggets fly in the food hall...
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Krokodil - how gross poor bastards
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X