• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Premium Economy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin Premium Economy

Is it much better than the cheapest seats? The main thing we were interested in is the seat width, and the fact they say you get a laptop power adapter. Does anyone know if they use some stupid bespoke socket, or is it a cigarette-lighter socket or some other standard?

They make a big deal about seat-back video screens, but every economy flight I've been on has had these as standard, including Virgin themselves.

By the way, is there any reason Virgin upper class is so much cheaper than BA? £2500 to Boston compared with £7000! Do they not do proper upper class?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Why don't you get on the plane with a print out of your last 10 posts, you will be asleep in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Why don't you get on the plane with a print out of your last 10 posts, you will be asleep in no time.
      10! He wants to go to sleep. Not go into a coma.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Did Virgin premium economy to SA (>8 hrs then you get upgraded to business class) more pleasant than economy, seat width & foot room considerably better, food & service a step above (the steward / stewardess actually talks to you by default, rather than barking questions from the script) customer ratio better.

The upper class lounge was very pleasant and comparable with many decent restaurants, a colleague managed to get me upgraded to use the upper class lounge (friend of a friend). A couple of minor celebrities & rich people in there (it was a weekend red eye so real money would travel during the weeK) so I would imagine if their upper class was bad they wouldn't bother.

Would recommend the premium economy, not sure I would pay for it personally, might do on the company or if it was a special occasion.

I'm pretty sure the virgin website will answer seat power questions better than us.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Did Virgin premium economy to SA (>8 hrs then you get upgraded to business class) more pleasant than economy, seat width & foot room considerably better, food & service a step above (the steward / stewardess actually talks to you by default, rather than barking questions from the script) customer ratio better.

The upper class lounge was very pleasant and comparable with many decent restaurants, a colleague managed to get me upgraded to use the upper class lounge (friend of a friend). A couple of minor celebrities & rich people in there (it was a weekend red eye so real money would travel during the weeK) so I would imagine if their upper class was bad they wouldn't bother.

Would recommend the premium economy, not sure I would pay for it personally, might do on the company or if it was a special occasion.

I'm pretty sure the virgin website will answer seat power questions better than us.
            Did Virgin Upper Class to Washington some time ago, was very nice, in flight massage (no extras, disappointingly), sommelier with some great wines, although carrying the wine basket like a yoke was a tad amusing, superb gastronomy as well.

I can only sleep on planes with that sort of comfort and service, otherwise it's staying awake with your legs nailed to the Scavenger's daughter, trying in an ecstasy of fumbling to wipe the ectoplasm dripping from the American tourist that's decided to buy the real estate on your shoulder, while ignoring his trans-fatted flatuence that stings your nostrils like an early First World War mustard gas attack that could only be captured in a Wilfred Owen poem.

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Comment

Try here. Lots of useful seating info.

Comment

Great site - thanks

Comment

I'm so sorry for mistakenly thinking this forum could be used for purposes other than being an arrogant jumped-up little prick.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I'm so sorry for mistakenly thinking this forum could be used for purposes other than being an arrogant jumped-up little prick.
                    I'm sure you could improve your atittude with practice
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X