• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Armed Forces Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armed Forces Day

Just back from a taking the kids to a lovely morning in Odiham. A few 1000 people lined the streets for a march by the RAF and Army. Flags flying. Local schools, fire engine, cadets. Started with a marching band(no orange in site). Then followed with Chinooks flying down the high street, before meeting in the old square outside the church to be followed with a parade, speeches from local dignatories and a thanks from the commanding officer, before God Save The Queen on a flute and another Chinook flying low over.

Parade, over, then start of a folk festival with guest beer tents, tombolas, roast hogs and a charity sponsored parachute jump for teddy bears from the local Church roof.

Proud to be British.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

The only thing I participated in was rememberance sunday when I was younger ........

I was niave enough back then to think I was marching to praise the saviours that kept us from fascism ... Until I grew up a little and could get access to materials more leaving an extreme youth handicap ... Until I realised the disgusting liberals that infect the earth, protesting against fascism, in fact support and push forwards there own extreme fascism, the exact fascism the nazis wanted from the suggestions of the Frankfurt think-tank ....

All those deaths for nearly nothing ...... how sickening ........

However in all good conciousness, I cant support the deplorable behaviour of the modern day military and the world policing policies ... What a shameful career path ..... I dont see how anyone can be so ignorant as to support war crimes and constant lies .....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Just back from a taking the kids to a lovely morning in Odiham. A few 1000 people lined the streets for a march by the RAF and Army. Flags flying. Local schools, fire engine, cadets. Started with a marching band(no orange in site). Then followed with Chinooks flying down the high street, before meeting in the old square outside the church to be followed with a parade, speeches from local dignatories and a thanks from the commanding officer, before God Save The Queen on a flute and another Chinook flying low over.

Parade, over, then start of a folk festival with guest beer tents, tombolas, roast hogs and a charity sponsored parachute jump for teddy bears from the local Church roof.

Proud to be British.
      No counter demonstrations from the peace loving religion?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        No counter demonstrations from the peace loving religion?
        Considering it was the local Air cadets chucking the teddies off the church roof, no. Even the EDL didn't turn up.

Comment

Big one in Edinburgh

BBC News - UK Armed Forces Day parade takes place in Edinburgh

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Even the EDL didn't turn up.
            The EDL.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
            X