• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parlez vous Francais?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parlez vous Francais?

I don't.

But, I need to buy a guest foldaway bed from a shop in Perpignan on Friday when next over visiting my mum's pad while I have a hired car.

After this, thought should be sold by Conforama, maybe But or Fly, but cannot see any on the website, as I have not got a clue on the search words. Perpignan store availability a must.

Either that, or I may try Amazon.fr and hope I can specify the date for delivery!

Anyone able to translate ebnough?? Would prefer to actually walk in and buy than get into French online shopping to a quayside apartment as not next back until September should there be a problem with the delivery!

Buy Compact Folding Single Guest Bed at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Guest beds.

Meuble, décoration, électroménager, informatique, image et son : Conforama.fr,bien chez soi, bien moins cher

Fly meubles et décoration, magasin mobilier design, contemporain : canapé, chambre, cuisine, bureau.

Magasins BUT : achat meubles (canapé, lit, matelas, table, salon et bureau), achat électroménager, Tv et Hi-Fi - le design pas cher.

What on earth are you on about Wilmslow?

Do you want English -> French translations? Why not just buy the bed here and drive it over to France.
    Google Translate?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      What on earth are you on about Wilmslow?

Do you want English -> French translations? Why not just buy the bed here and drive it over to France.
      Google Translate?
      As takes 4 days return to drive and around 500 pounds for the fuel etc, and I am there anyway next weekend at no additional transport cost I would like to buy a folding bed in Perpignan.

Should be easy but no idea where to buy one from. Could do with a local Argos kind of place!

Comment

English - I want a guest foldaway bed

French - I want a guest foldaway bed

just shout a bit and they wil understand you

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          English - I want a guest foldaway bed

French - I want a guest foldaway bed

just shout a bit and they wil understand you

Been there this weekend and the French were shouting at me instead.....

Found what I want:

Lit pliant sur roulettes - - Lit d'Appoint - 149175

Now, any idea how to check stock in Perpignan?

If AndyW comes over I will ask him about a bed sofa.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            Lits pliants

lit = bed
            pliant = folding
            matelas = mattress
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I agree with EO but would add some hand gestures. Also in my experience they like to talk about the weather, so do arm yourself with some basic phrases on this topic.
              Edit: peferably with a Gauloise dangling between your lips.

You need to know which region Perpignon is in to check the stock levels Can't be arsed to look it up.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Been there this weekend and the French were shouting at me instead.....

Found what I want:

Lit pliant sur roulettes - - Lit d'Appoint - 149175

Now, any idea how to check stock in Perpignan?

If AndyW comes over I will ask him about a bed sofa.....

Camp bed is "fous le camp".

Comment

Go into the shop, point at what you want. C'est facile.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I can see Wilmslow's problem here. If he goes into a French shop suggesting he wants to buy a camp bed, they will probably take one look at him, and produce some extravagant pink sequined EltonJohnesque monstrosity with phallic knobs at each corner.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X