• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst flight ever?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst flight ever?

6 hours to Tel Aviv on Jet2, hand baggage only with no food. Oh, I need to bring the company laptop.

A shorthaul economy plane is not exactly geared up for a long haul flight!!

They weren't selling food or you were too tight to buy it?

Ditto for luggage. Hold luggage was not permitted or just had to be paid for?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      6 hours to Tel Aviv on Jet2, hand baggage only with no food. Oh, I need to bring the company laptop.

That's the PA's revenge for criticising her travel plans.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

12 hours to HK. Started with 2 empty seats next to me. Aussie couple on other side of plane complained to stewards about noise their own children were making so stewards moved parents next to me and children unoccupied. Not happy with that the stupid woman decided to lay across all three seats putting her feet in my lap which were promptly thrown off. Woken up throughout the night with one person behind me kneeing me in the back and the bitch next to me keep putting her feet on my lap. BA-Stewards ignored my complaints at the time - but a free flight for me the next time when I complained on the ground. The stupid Aussies asked me for quickest route to mainland China after we landed - they got the slowest because I was on the fastest and didn't want them. It took me 30 mins and probably 3 hours for them.

Comment

I had a 45 minute flight from Glasgow to East Midlands this morning that was delayed by 2.5 hours
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by configman View Post
            the bitch next to me keep putting her feet on my lap.

Am I the only one thinking you missed a golden opportunity for a foot-job!?

My worst flight was the one where they only had cheese sandwiches to eat. I HATE cheese unless it's melted onto something such as a pizza. I seem to remember it being a flight to New York, though surely they have better food or more choice on transatlantic flights, even ones 12 years ago!

The worst flight, flight wise, was probably the one to dublin where the captain (obviously pissed up on guiness) took the turn at the end of the runway to the deboarding gate on what felt like two wheels he was in such a rush. Yep Ryan Air.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Al Italia. The food was rubbish and the wine even more so.

But worst of all I was sat next to a huge Mama who was constantly waving a fan and sighing.

And her bulk meant I had to lean sideways in my seat to avoid physical contact with her.

Next worst flight was a charter job to the Med. I assume that anyone who was asked if they preferred smoking or non-smoking and said "Don't mind" was put in smoking seats, for all the smokers found themselves in non-smoking seats and the smoking seats were filled by non-smokers.

There was a constant fight by smokers to get a temporary seat where they could have a fag. Tempers were getting frayed and the cabin staff and captain were treating passengers like sheep.

it was not a pleasant flight.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Upgraded to business class from London to Sydney on Qantas recently. Best decision ever! Flat seat, great food and wine and fantastic service the whole way through. Better yet, on the A380 you're on the top deck and have your own entrance, so you never see the plebs/permies
                Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

24 hours from Tahiti via LA and CDG on Air "couldn't give a flying ****" France

I was coming home for my granddad's funeral, got put in a bulkhead seat that didn't recline and didn't have IFE. Utterly tulip.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
                    Upgraded to business class from London to Sydney on Qantas recently. Best decision ever! Flat seat, great food and wine and fantastic service the whole way through. Better yet, on the A380 you're on the top deck and have your own entrance, so you never see the plebs/permies
                    And this was your worst flight? What do you normally fly - a G650?
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X