• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dongos narrow squeak

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dongos narrow squeak

Our hamster, Dongo, has been getting quite porky but strong. We keep her in a 'space station' cage full of tubes observation platforms etc etc, and she has been biting the bars and hinges of one of the doors for a few weeks now.

On saturday we were on the couch watching a film, with our big ginger female, 'Brewster-Roustabout' laying on Mrs EO lap

suddenly, the cat leapt up and shot across the room, Mrs EO leapt up, there was a horrendous squeaking squeal and Mrs EO is shouting 'Help me quick'

So we gets Dongo off the cat, cleans off the cat slobber, and put her back in her cage. She seems none the worse, running round in her little wheel.

I never knew she could move that fast

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Take this pair down the docks and take side bets. Possible plan B?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      We keep her in a 'space station' cage full of tubes observation platforms etc etc
      We used one of those for a while but they are a sod to clean and, as you found out, they chew through the tube connectors.

Traditional cage with plastic base and wire top is my handy tip of the day for any prospective rodent-keepers.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
        We used one of those for a while but they are a sod to clean and, as you found out, they chew through the tube connectors.

Traditional cage with plastic base and wire top is my handy tip of the day for any prospective rodent-keepers.
        You can buy metal covers for the ends of the tubes.

Then with the careful addition of solder, a few wires and the liberal application of electricity you've converted your rotostack into a hamster correctional facility.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Our hamster, Dongo....
          That enormous rodent you posted a picture of is a hamster??? You're not supposed to feed them on beer and pizza you know.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            That enormous rodent you posted a picture of is a hamster??? You're not supposed to feed them on beer and pizza you know.
            That's EO.

Dongo has less facial hair.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              you should see the moggie. a vicious ginger. Pet Medics have a big red WARNING on her file,
              and petpals gave her a cat-ASBO the week before last

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post
                Then with the careful addition of solder, a few wires and the liberal application of electricity you've converted your rotostack into a hamster correctional facility.
                Have you given up on shoving them up your arse as a punishment then?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Have you given up on shoving them up your arse as a punishment then?

lighting the match was my big mistake

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                  X