• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happened to Sterling?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Sterling?

I was in Ireland at the weekend.

At the airport in Dublin I changed £50 (I know not the best place, but it was 23.00 and needed a taxi)

I got 50.67 Euro FFS
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I was in Ireland at the weekend.

At the airport in Dublin I changed £50 (I know not the best place, but it was 23.00 and needed a taxi)

I got 50.67 Euro FFS
    This thread should read

What happened to Alreadypacked?

And the answer is, you got ripped off.

£1 = 1.12 Euros
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm sure at Gatwick, a few weeks ago, the brokers in the terminal were actually offering less than Euro 1 for a £1. Rip off merchants.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I went to get some money out of a cash machine in Geneva airport to buy some chocolate before the flight back, pressed the wrong button and got 500 Swiss francs by mistake. The best currency trade I have ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          I'm sure at Gatwick, a few weeks ago, the brokers in the terminal were actually offering less than Euro 1 for a £1. Rip off merchants.
          Airports charge to change Scottish notes to English.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Airports charge to change Monopoly notes to English.
            ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              Not just Gatwick, I've had the same in Vienna, Hannover, Dusseldorf etc recently.

Comment

It's called trashing your own currency to reduce your debt in real terms. A great time for anyone with a million pound mortgage in Sterling.

Comment

Everybody knows not to change currency at the airport. Dont they?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Everybody knows not to change currency at the airport. Dont they?
                    Or to buy anything at airports.

Comment

Working...
                    X