• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next time someone says to you, “Get a job,” I suggest you reply as Curly did:**”No, please… not that!* Anything but that!”* Then poke him right in the eyes.
    You already*know deep down that getting a job isn’t what you want.* So don’t let anyone try to tell you otherwise.* Learn to trust your inner wisdom, even if the whole world says you’re wrong and foolish for doing so.* Years from now you’ll look back and realize*it was one of the best decisions you ever made.

1 reason why you should get a job: the money
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

I want to do the self sufficiency thing like the Good Life, but don’t know how they paid their council tax, electricity etc … oh I think they had an electricity generator right? What about water and council tax? Or don’t you need to pay that if you don’t have a job?

Comment

Just remembered that program 'Never going Back' many people tried leaving their jobs, but not sure anyone really was successful in the long run.

Comment

Sit around doing nothing for a couple years, and you can call yourself an experienced meditator, philosopher, or politician.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It’s only a matter of time before you sacrifice the noblest parts of your humanity on the altar of fear: first courage… then honesty… then honor and integrity… and finally your independent will. You sold your humanity for nothing but an illusion. And now your greatest fear is discovering the truth of what you’ve become.
            Those poor permies.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well am not a permie, but still feel the contracts are sucking the life out of me, come on how much you'd like to pretend, we still do have jobs, even though its temporary and pays more than permies, but its the same old rat race.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
                Well am not a permie, but still feel the contracts are sucking the life out of me, come on how much you'd like to pretend, we still do have jobs, even though its temporary and pays more than permies, but its the same old rat race.
                Year, true enough. The only difference is that we put up with arbitrary bulltulip from HMRC instead of the boss man.

Comment

I could probably go the next 10 years without working (at a push). I Would rather work the next 12 years and retire at 50 knowing I can take the next 20 years off while my public sector mates who were so uppity about their great jobs crawl to 68 on a 9 to 5. Then we can sit down and play poker for tesco saver tea bags and bump our gums over the youth of today.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
                    I want to do the self sufficiency thing like the Good Life, but don’t know how they paid their council tax, electricity etc … oh I think they had an electricity generator right? What about water and council tax? Or don’t you need to pay that if you don’t have a job?
                    I thought they sold their surplus produce to pay for those things
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X