• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob has gone off sick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob has gone off sick

One of the Bob's in the team has just sent a lengthy email apologising for being sick and letting the team know he will be off for a few days as the doctor has told him to get some bedrest.

Basically the doctor has signed him off with vertigo. I read in amazement and then noticed the sig on his email.

Company X
    40th Floor LX Tower International
    Bangalore

Alledgedly this is an ongoing issue.

I have suggested we give him a desk on the ground floor.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

We had one guy saying he needed to take vacation, to look after his wife who was having abdominal pains. When this reached the project manager, he said he'd heard that story four times before, and on each occasion, the bob hadn't returned.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

3 months off with athlete's foot, I am not joking.

(not me)

Comment

We had a guy here advise the line manager he would be working from home the next couple of days. Manager rang him and he was in India!!!

Guess he wasn't lying I suppose....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Company X
          40th Floor LX Tower International
          Bangalore
          I worked at the top of centrepoint for a while and it does take some getting used to. Mind you the drafts you get from badly fitting 1970s glazing doesn't inspire confidence.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

He could have sent a sick note saying “I’m off sick with fuc£ing tourette's syndrome.”
            Last edited by Paddy; 28 June 2011, 10:05.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Bob teams have been know in the past to rotate staff for NHS treatment.

Comment

I used to work on the 24th floor of the Nat West tower in the 1990's before it was renovated. They had this 1970's orange carpet, even on the walls - which you couldn't touch with your hands because you'd get bitten from all the mites that used to live in it.

The height was no problem though!
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                X