• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I never heard of t j hughes until the news tonight.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never heard of t j hughes until the news tonight.

True. Who are they? Tat shop or what?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    bargain basement department store.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      bargain basement department store.

That explains why I never saw them Edinburgh...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Famous all over the world in Liverpool.

Saturdays as a kid in the Sixties, we (my siblings and I) would get dragged round the city centre by our parents: set lunch for 1/6 at a Chinese restaurant on Renshaw Street, then T J Hughes, Blackler's, Owen Owen, George Henry Lee ("Part of the John Lewis Partnership"), Lewis's, Philips Son and Nephew (a stationers that we seemed to visit every week to get typing paper for my father), and maybe a flying visit to Brian Epstein's record shop, NEMS. Then down to the Pier Head doughnut stall

All gone or going now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Saturdays as a kid in the Sixties, we (my siblings and I) would get dragged round the city centre by our parents: set lunch for 1/6 at a Chinese restaurant on Renshaw Street, then T J Hughes, Blackler's, Owen Owen, George Henry Lee ("Part of the John Lewis Partnership"), Lewis's, Philips Son and Nephew (a stationers that we seemed to visit every week to get typing paper for my father), and maybe a flying visit to Brian Epstein's record shop, NEMS. Then down to the Pier Head doughnut stall

All gone or going now
          you were lucky.

we had a 3d chicken soup out of the drinks machine in Lime st

and a six mile walk ome. if we were lucky

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Saturdays as a kid in the Sixties, ... I remember when ...
            Showing your age there Nick...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Of course the internet was all magnetic fields then...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                We talking about the wrestler, right?

What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  I should be talking, there's about a 2 second glimpse of me here...looks like me and I was at one of the gigs and looked like the person in the close-up
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You can tell the T J Hughes type kids, C&A ones, the ones with poor parents, EO, NF and I bet Churchill got dragged down there by his poor copper dad.

Comment

Working...
                    X