• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you normally NOT drink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you normally NOT drink?

On this balmy 16 degree but sunny evening I thought I'd try vodka, not the top class Polish stuff I had in Gdansk but the cheapo supermarket stuff. I originally bought it to clean the heads on some old reel to reel recording kit I have but thought I'd try drinking it instead. It tastes like crap without a mixer so I've diluted it with diet Pepsi.

I'd normally stick to red wine and the occasional malt with a beer chaser. Cocktails I tend to avoid because of the sugar.

What do you avoid when it comes to drinking? Why? Bad experience as an inexperienced drinker maybe (Southern Comfort comes to mind)?
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

What do you avoid when it comes to drinking? Why? Bad experience as an inexperienced drinker maybe (Southern Comfort comes to mind)?
    Pernod!!

Had a real bad experience with it as an 18-year-old. Still can't get a whiff of aniseed without aftershocks.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

oh god no.

stick to what you are used to. you know it makes sense

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I saw an old friend of mine the other day, who is quite a drinker. It took 5 years to realise that the only thing he wouldn't drink was ouzo and tizer.

Comment

Rum - Too sugary. Tastes nice, but each time I see a bottle I have this mental image of 18th century jolly jack tars with toothless grins!

Vodka - If you drink spirits, you may as well drink one that taste of something.

Gin, usually - I don't want to end up with a voice like John Hurt.

Cider, although the occasional bottle of perry is nice.

Armagnac - Simply don't like the taste

Bourbon - Ditto, but like the taste even less. Like how I imagine paint stripper tastes.

Tequila - Ditto
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Bourbon - Ditto, but like the taste even less. Like how I imagine paint stripper tastes.
            Have to agree with you there, always found it to be harsh.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              On this balmy 16 degree but sunny evening I thought I'd try vodka, not the top class Polish stuff I had in Gdansk but the cheapo supermarket stuff. I originally bought it to clean the heads on some old reel to reel recording kit I have but thought I'd try drinking it instead. It tastes like crap without a mixer so I've diluted it with diet Pepsi.

I'd normally stick to red wine and the occasional malt with a beer chaser. Cocktails I tend to avoid because of the sugar.

I use Southern Comfort as cold medicine. Reckon spoonful for spoonful it's cheaper than Benylin.

Can't drink anything aniseed. Yeuch. And I try and avoid any drinks that are bright green or bright blue.

Comment

I can't drink Gin. Can't stand Malibu and not a great fan of any alcopops. Though a cherry brandy dropped in a pint of a lager is a winner.

Been a while since Snake bite and black though.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

- Anything with aniseed, eughh
                  - Alcho pops, far too sugary and sickly

Comment

Horse jizz.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X