• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OMG, Approximately @ 08:54 GMT the euro broke through the 0.90105 barrier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, Approximately @ 08:54 GMT the euro broke through the 0.90105 barrier

Here we go here we go here we go, here we go here we go

Currency Converter, Exchange Rates, Currency news | Reuters.co.uk:

Sterling hits 8-week low vs euro
    LONDON, June 29 (Reuters) - Sterling hit an eight-week low against the euro on Wednesday as the single currency gained broad support ahead of a Greek vote on dramatic austerity measures, which many in the market expected would pass. The euro edged up to 89.86 pence, its strongest since early May. While the euro was bolstered, sterling struggled a day after Bank of england policymakers kept alive the possibility of more monetary easing. (Reporting by London Forex Team)
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Hopefully it will go a bit lower before I send all my money back to the UK.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Hopefully it will go a bit lower before I send all my money back to the UK.
      Brilliant. It means that our exports will prosper, more money will stay in the UK, more tourists () and the economy can grow again.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Brilliant. It means that our exports will prosper, more money will stay in the UK, more tourists () and the economy can grow again.
        By the same logic, think how well off we'll all be when the pound is actually worth 0.000 Euros.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          By the same logic, think how well off we'll all be when the pound is actually worth 0.000 Euros.

Even then I think the UK would have a job selling some of the crap that is churned out by it's factories.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Even then I think the UK would have a job selling some of the crap that is churned out by it's factories.

Half of "DA International traders" revenues are in Euros
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I think you will find that the quality of the products "churned out" by British manufacturers is outstandingly high

Comment

I think you will find that the quality of the products "churned out" by British manufacturers is outstandingly high
                Outstandingly high?

Bernard Matthews Turkey Twizzlers, Pot Noodles, Carling Black Label & the X Factor.

You are partially right, there are some high quality niche products, although most British factories I have been in are actually final assembly plants using components made overseas. I was thinking more of crappy British brand white goods like Hotpoint but all that stuff has moved overseas now.

Comment

Outstandingly high?

Bernard Matthews Turkey Twizzlers, Pot Noodles, Carling Black Label & the X Factor.

You are partially right, there are some high quality niche products, although most British factories I have been in are actually final assembly plants using components made overseas. I was thinking more of crappy British brand white goods like Hotpoint but all that stuff has moved overseas now.
                  Manufacturing Turkey Twizzlers is big money and the manufacturing plants are highly sophisticated as are the plants of Cummins, Loughborough Brush (Huge power generators) Jaguar land Rover and many others.

Although manufacturing accounts for only 12% of GDP a low sterling will only stimulate exports.

Of course the problem is that we as a nation prefer to tax and spend money on useless public services and layers of bureaucracy

Comment

Manufacturing Turkey Twizzlers is big money and the manufacturing plants are highly sophisticated
                    Perhaps, but they are not a high quality product.

Comment

Working...
                    X