• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some things make you realise life's more important...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some things make you realise life's more important...

...than day to day contracting worries, the financial markets, Greek debt and transport strikes.

Yesterday I spoke with a young guy at the rugby club who I've been coaching for several months to help him reach his goal of playing 7s for Holland and possibly professionally. I had good news for him; a top English 7s touring team is prepared to invest in coaching him to a very high level and will offer him a contract to go to all the big 7s tournaments next summer. He didn't give the joyful response I'd expected. Apparently he had a fit at home a couple of weeks ago, went to hospital and was diagnosed with a brain tumor. At the moment not everything is known and more tests must follow, but apparently the doctors don't know how he'll be after treatment. 23 years old, gifted athlete, well educated, about to get married, an all round bloody good egg and my mate; now it's all ****ed up.

I suppose all you can do is get the best out of life every single day that you live and try to support your mates when this tulip happens.

I'd actually like to angry, but there's nobody to get angry with.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Life can be a biatch, send him our
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

The fear of not knowing is worse than the fear of knowing in cases like this.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Blooming heck. heartbreaking
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          ...than day to day contracting worries, the financial markets, Greek debt and transport strikes.

Yesterday I spoke with a young guy at the rugby club who I've been coaching for several months to help him reach his goal of playing 7s for Holland and possibly professionally. I had good news for him; a top English 7s touring team is prepared to invest in coaching him to a very high level and will offer him a contract to go to all the big 7s tournaments next summer. He didn't give the joyful response I'd expected. Apparently he had a fit at home a couple of weeks ago, went to hospital and was diagnosed with a brain tumor. At the moment not everything is known and more tests must follow, but apparently the doctors don't know how he'll be after treatment. 23 years old, gifted athlete, well educated, about to get married, an all round bloody good egg and my mate; now it's all ****ed up.

I suppose all you can do is get the best out of life every single day that you live and try to support your mates when this tulip happens.

You're not Snaw by any chance are you?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Dreadful news

Comment

That is sad.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Thanks a bunch for bringing us all down, cheers!

On a serious note it makes you realise that life is fickle and that you should so what you want to do when ever you can, most contractors with half an ounce of sense will be in a better position financially than most, so make sure you make the most of it and stop the whining that this place has devolved into recently.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

That's really sad

God love him.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Best wishes to him MTT.
                    You just never know what is waiting round the corner for you, which is probably just as well.
                    They have made some great advances in treating these things recently though, and it sounds like he is both young and strong enough to battle through it.
                    Good luck to him.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X