• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn Connections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn Connections

Just out of interest do fellow CUKers request/accept connections on Linkedin with people they are working with whilst they are in contract ?

I tend to only request/accept connections once the contract has finished, to maintain an element of Linkedin distance. Or does it not matter ?

Sometime I do sometimes I don't. Depends on the individual.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Sometime I do sometimes I don't. Depends on the individual.
      I haven't updated my linkedin since 2007, can't b a_rsed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Just out of interest do fellow CUKers request/accept connections on Linkedin with people they are working with whilst they are in contract ?

I tend to only request/accept connections once the contract has finished, to maintain an element of Linkedin distance. Or does it not matter ?
        I wait until contract has finished because I do not want current client associated with me because of abuse by other linkedin members. I've had recruiters bypassing linkedin by calling reception leaving stupid messages such as if I'm looking for work contact them - or masses of spam email/phone calls by vendor salesmen. It got to the point in my last 2 years working in the UK all clients removed my details from any telephone book. These people should use the linkedin features to contact me - not put the current contract at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by configman View Post
          - not put the current contract at risk.
          Ahh but if you lose your current contract you will then need a new one, & they can help you: or am I being cynical?
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            Ahh but if you lose your current contract you will then need a new one, & they can help you: or am I being cynical?
            That is what they have tried - and I have stopped by not including current client.

Comment

Working...
            X