• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain banks even more rubbish than suspected

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain banks even more rubbish than suspected

BBC News - UK banking sector 'falling behind global rivals'

"The British banking sector was the envy of the world in the boom years," said Brian Caplen, editor of the Banker.

"It now faces a Herculean task to regain the position of strength it had four years ago.
    When will they grasp the fact that dangling your family jewels in a lions mouth isn't a "position of strength"?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

So get this, I did a CHAPS transfer (same day my @$@£ ) from my UK account to my German account, 4 days and I had to FAX the order through!!! And pay £25 for the privilege

I transferred euros back to my sterling account and it was there 24 hours later, no fee.

Enough said.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      So get this, I did a CHAPS transfer (same day my @$@£ ) from my UK account to my German account, 4 days and I had to FAX the order through!!! And pay £25 for the privilege

I transferred euros back to my sterling account and it was there 24 hours later, no fee.

Enough said.
      Cater Allen ?

Their only weakness that I've found is their inability to do a CHAPS transfer without a FAX'd request
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        Cater Allen ?

Their only weakness that I've found is their inability to do a CHAPS transfer without a FAX'd request
        Ye Gods.. I was able to transfer money back to the UK by an ATM back in 1998.

Anyone used SEPA yet?
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          Ye Gods.. I was able to transfer money back to the UK by an ATM back in 1998.

Anyone used SEPA yet?
          Yep. I SEPA into my forex dealing service € account and they credit my UK sterling account from their UK account a few days later. Going the other way is the same process in reverse. No fees (unless I send less than £3k) and super tight spreads. I've saved a fortune over just sending the money directly.
          Last edited by doodab; 30 June 2011, 10:09.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

And in other news, lloyds are going get rid of a few more staff. 15,000 to be precise.

BBC News - Lloyds Banking Group to shed 15,000 more jobs

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              And in other news, lloyds are going get rid of a few more staff. 15,000 to be precise.

BBC News - Lloyds Banking Group to shed 15,000 more jobs
              Did their problems stem from buying HBOS?

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Cater Allen ?

Santander actually.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Did their problems stem from buying HBOS?

There's something so voluntary sounding about that...

Comment

Working...
                  X