• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spreading it about a bit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spreading it about a bit

I think 'spreading it about' is a problem with the rep system.

If someone is helpful, or funny, or obnoxious, I want to give them rep. I don't do massive amounts of rep, so it could be a couple of weeks between last repping the poster and getting the 'spread it about' message. Which means I have to find some random posts and rep their authors in order to actually rep the post I want to rep. I understand why you can't madly rep-rep-rep the same person, but surely, say, a 48 hour gap would be a better way to manage it than making people indulge in rep sluttery?

Anyone know how much spreading has to be done? How many interim reps to I have to give? And what's my daily quota?

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I think 'spreading it about' is a problem with the rep system.

If someone is helpful, or funny, or obnoxious, I want to give them rep. I don't do massive amounts of rep, so it could be a couple of weeks between last repping the poster and getting the 'spread it about' message. Which means I have to find some random posts and rep their authors in order to actually rep the post I want to rep. I understand why you can't madly rep-rep-rep the same person, but surely, say, a 48 hour gap would be a better way to manage it than making people indulge in rep sluttery?

Anyone know how much spreading has to be done? How many interim reps to I have to give? And what's my daily quota?
    You get 7 reps in 24 hours

You need to spread around 14 before going back to the same person. With losing the anonymous thing it's becoming more difficult to spread it about, but just do as I do ,just rep any new posters with a welcome message to make them feel all warm and fuzzy.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      With losing the anonymous thing it's becoming more difficult to spread it about without getting busted
      FTFY
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You need to spread around 14 before going back to the same person. With losing the anonymous thing it's becoming more difficult to spread it about, but just do as I do ,just rep any new posters with a welcome message to make them feel all warm and fuzzy.
        Awww, that's sweet.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to MarillionFan again....

Comment

You need to spread around 14 before going back to the same person. With losing the anonymous thing it's becoming more difficult to spread it about, but just do as I do ,just + rep your own sockies to get their points up and make youself feel all warm and fuzzy.
          FTFY

Comment

Working...
          X