• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The City, London - cheap digs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The City, London - cheap digs

Im in London shortly for 2 days/ 1 night on an all inclusive rate working in The City, anybody recommend the best cheapest place to stay within reasonable distance of The City?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    Im in London shortly for 2 days/ 1 night on an all inclusive rate working in The City, anybody recommend the best cheapest place to stay within reasonable distance of The City?
    Take your glasto tent down to wimbledon & camp out with the tennis fans?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I usually crash out here if in the big smoke.

Comment

Travelodge or Holiday Inn Express.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          not a bad idea, although unfortunately my name isnt Timberwolf

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I usually crash out here if in the big smoke.
            nice recommendation DP, however unfortunately they only have the Linley Suite and not the Brook Penthouse available for the nights i'm in town so I wouldn't want the entourage to have to slum it

Comment

Ibis is usually good enough for a couple of nights: ibis London City hotel: Book a hotel in LONDON

Comment

This may help

HTH
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Surely he should paint "Stop the war" on the side and pitch it in Parliament Square. That way plod will keep an eye on it for him whilst at the client site.

Comment

Have you considered University accomodation? During summer hols ( and Easter ) many of the universities that have student accomodation rent them out . Usually they are basic but ensuite in most of the newer ones. Probably no TV but then again you did say cheap ! Here is one of them , but just google for others
                    LSE Vacations- budget central London accommodation

Comment

Working...
                    X