• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sasguru soon to be living next to doleys...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sasguru soon to be living next to doleys...

Taxpayer-backed Lloyds will axe 15,000 jobs in cost-cutting drive | Mail Online

Taxpayer-backed Lloyds axes 15,000 jobs in cost-cutting drive
    No UK bank has ever shed so many jobs in corporate history
    Banking giants HSBC say they're also axing 750 posts

Cull takes total job losses at bank to 40,000 since 2009
    Majority of losses will be at managerial level

Not often news in the Daily Mail cheers me up.

And the shares have shot up.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Erk. Sasguru works at Lloyds?

That explains a hell of a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        Erk. Sasguru works at Lloyds?

That explains a hell of a lot.
        No, but he's always boasting how all his neighbours are big bankers, as if this is supposed to make us warm to him even more.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          No, but he's always boasting how all his neighbours are big bankers, as if this is supposed to make us warm to him even more.

Big what? A typo there by any chance?
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            Big what? A typo there by any chance?
            More likely to be his neighbours that make THAT claim
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Not often news in the Daily Mail cheers me up.

Ha ha, yes it is all rather doom and gloom in it huh? Reading the daily mail makes me feel like a tree hugger. God knows how bad the writers exsistences must be if they're more pessemistic and annoyed with society than I .....

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              And the shares have shot up.
              Yea, reminds me of how annoying it is when people wont listen.

I think it was back in late 2009 when bank share prices hit the floor and were literally going for pennies. Unfortunately, I had no spare cash at the time after a costly bill on the house renovation.

Advised family members to put all their savings in to buying shares. I even considered at the time getting a loan to buy some, wish I had. They bounced back quickly and some people got very rich off it.

Hope you have some shares MF .....

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                Ha ha, yes it is all rather doom and gloom in it huh? Reading the daily mail makes me feel like a tree hugger. God knows how bad the writers exsistences must be if they're more pessemistic and annoyed with society than I .....

Yea, reminds me of how annoying it is when people wont listen.

I think it was back in late 2009 when bank share prices hit the floor and were literally going for pennies. Unfortunately, I had no spare cash at the time after a costly bill on the house renovation.

Advised family members to put all their savings in to buying shares. I even considered at the time getting a loan to buy some, wish I had. They bounced back quickly and some people got very rich off it.

Hope you have some shares MF .....
                I bundled into Barclays shares at 45p in 2009. Bought £20k worth.

A few months ago they were £3.50 a share. A cool £140k ish sweet profit.

Pity I sold the bloody things for 54p a few days after I bought them!!!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

So basically Lloyds take tax payers money, fire UK nationals, fill the place with Bob instead who pays little taxes and the bankers get a nice big bonus. What's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I bundled into Barclays shares at 45p in 2009. Bought £20k worth.

A few months ago they were £3.50 a share. A cool £140k ish sweet profit.

Pity I sold the bloody things for 54p a few days after I bought them!!!
                    Ahhh Im sorry you sold them .....

Buying shares in banks is the safest thing anyone can do. The government will never ever let any big banks fold. Many banks have gone under, but something like HBOS crashing in to the wall would be disasterous ...

Im still kicking myself I didnt get a loan, sell my family or anything else to raise funds years ago .....

Comment

Working...
                    X