• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Bono should be saying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Bono should be saying

Bono.. I loathe him probably more than anyone else (yes agents view more than you )

UK and Arts Uncut have decided to get their teeth into him for having the temerity to manage his tax affairs so that he pays less of it.

The nauseating little hypocrite constantly harangues the western world to pay/let off "national debt" of poor countries. He could dip into his own pocket and pay off the whole of Africa's loans with change from one of his concerts. But he does'nt because he is a greedy little tw*t who thinks he can satisfy his conscience by getting the rest of the world to pay up on his behalf.

So with art uncut giving him a hard time if it were me I would simply say this:

First of all you claim that the payment of tax helps to alleviate poverty. sorry it does not. if Bono stood up and said that instead of paying tax he would use it to buy booze, yachts, fast cars and sex his wealth would filter down to people who work . In so doing those who are indeed working on supplying Bono with goods and services can elevate themselves to achieving whatever it is they in turn want.

if on the other hand Bono decides to spend his money on tax where will it go?

1 Paying perfectly healthy and able people not to work
    2. paying public sector workers to not deliver services and to spend most of their supposed working lives taking time off
    3. ripping the heart out of individualism and enterprise and forcing more and more people to depend upon the evil self serving agencies of the state.

I would (if I were Bono) add that "art uncut" presumably driven by a bunch of priviliged freeloaders believe that the rest of us owe you a living.

Well we (U2) do not. The news for you is that the payment of tax no longer commands any moral virtue whatsoever. Therefore those of us who generate wealth are committed to paying as little tax as possible and most importantly we do not feel ashamed by our attitudes. "If we want to help the genuinely needy or the arts we can give money directly to charities. In other words we will decide how to help the poor until you can show that you are worthy of disposing of the vast amount of money the tax payer gives you."

If you think there is any moral virtue in pinning your attention seeking agenda to the raising of tax then you are sorely wrong.

We/ know you are not interested in the poor (what would you do without them?), nor are you interested in anyone other than yourselves. If you were truly interested in helping the arts and the less well off you would go out and make money like we do and pay it to those you think need it better than you do.

Here endeth the lesson on taxation
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Me, me, me...

Comment

Did you spot the big balloon at Glasto on the TV (it got taken down pretty quick) with

U
      Pay Tax

written on it ?
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Bono is a twat.

Lefties are twats.

Communication is best made over few words Dodgy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          A tad harsh, DA has a point.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Bono is a twat.

Lefties are twats.

Communication is best made over few words Dodgy.
            Hurrahhhh !!!!

Indeed ... lefties are t**ts .....

But Bono is even worse, he is one that thinks he's a godly **** .....

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              I'll let you decide who I was getting at...
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Bono is obnoxious. These days I ignore him.

So if he did say all that stuff that dodgy says he should say, I wouldn't hear him.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  As much as I can't stand the sanctimonious ubiquitous little c unt Paul Hewson (although he can sing) I agree with DA. On another point, U2 Ltd are not an Irish company and most of their business is done outside of Ireland and it is perfectly legal to arrange one's company in the most legal tax efficient way - after all it is what everyone does here on this BB. It has also been said that U2 donate large amounts directly to charity already.

Those deluded enough to believe that if they threw more tax money at their government then things would not be so bad and that there would be less hungry people then all I can say is that if ignorance is bliss then they must be very happy indeed.

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DodgyAgent again.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X