• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facebook sockpuppet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook sockpuppet

Last night I created a sock puppet account on facebook. The persona is non other than my dog, Poppy. I have used my hard fought and won CUK sockie skills to create a most credible account with depth and meaning.

I facebooked a handful of friends, and now Poppy is getting friend requests left right and centre!

The thing is no one I know on facebook is used to the usual CUK type banter so it's like a kind of CUK holiday.

Some of the best so far are :

Friend 1 new post : wedding planning = STRESS!!!!!!!
    Poppy : When I'm stressed I chew something. May help. Gagging for a cowhide shoe now just thinking about it.

Friend 2 new post : I cannot believe I just friend requested a dog, lol!!!!!
    Poppy : I have written to my MP. I object to anti dog rhetoric, and the term "dogging"

Poppy new post (To a friend who is 7 months pregnant) : Hey Gemma, hope you are ok. Still carrying your puppies?

SY02 sits next to me on the sofa constantly doing a

Poppy's best retort so far is "Next time you come round I'll wee in your shoes".

God I need a contract
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

If I sponsor you again, will you stop posting?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      If I sponsor you again, will you stop posting?
      On facebook or on here? You need to be specific. I suspect you ambiguity is where your last project failed.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Last night I created a sock puppet account on facebook. The persona is non other than my dog, Poppy. I have used my hard fought and won CUK sockie skills to create a most credible account with depth and meaning.

I facebooked a handful of friends, and now Poppy is getting friend requests left right and centre!

The thing is no one I know on facebook is used to the usual CUK type banter so it's like a kind of CUK holiday.

Some of the best so far are :

Friend 1 new post : wedding planning = STRESS!!!!!!!
        Poppy : When I'm stressed I chew something. May help. Gagging for a cowhide shoe now just thinking about it.

Friend 2 new post : I cannot believe I just friend requested a dog, lol!!!!!
        Poppy : I have written to my MP. I object to anti dog rhetoric, and the term "dogging"

Poppy new post (To a friend who is 7 months pregnant) : Hey Gemma, hope you are ok. Still carrying your puppies?

SY02 sits next to me on the sofa constantly doing a

Poppy's best retort so far is "Next time you come round I'll wee in your shoes".

God I need a contract
        I've done exactly the same thing with CUK, so far the list of attention seeking bedwetters who've "unwittingly subscribed" to my experiment are...

ShaunBhoy - Much too sensitive for this type of site, he should be pressing flowers somewhere.

MarillionFan - This fella even believes his own crap, he obviously doesn't have any work because he spends all day on here posting bollocks and PM'ing the female members of the forum in a vain attempt to boost his popularity amongst a bunch of IT Geeks - Christ, that really is sad. My guess is he's on drug rehab - again.

I'm still looking for more volunteers...

Comment

Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post
          I've done exactly the same thing with CUK, so far the list of attention seeking bedwetters who've "unwittingly subscribed" to my experiment are...
          ShaunBhoy - Much too sensitive for this type of site, he should be pressing flowers somewhere.
          MarillionFan - This fella even believes his own crap, he obviously doesn't have any work because he spends all day on here posting bollocks and PM'ing the female members of the forum in a vain attempt to boost his popularity amongst a bunch of IT Geeks - Christ, that really is sad. My guess is he's on drug rehab - again.

I'm still looking for more volunteers...
          Churchill. A strangely sensitive individual. A bit like a hard chocolate with a soft centre and a
          small peanut on top for a brain, who could easily be persuaded to walk around naked but think he is in fact wearing the Emporers new clothes. A little like his use of sockpuppets. :

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Churchill. A strangely sensitive individual. A bit like a hard chocolate with a soft centre and a
            small peanut on top for a brain, who could easily be persuaded to walk around naked but think he is in fact wearing the Emporers new clothes. A little like his use of sockpuppets. :
            You're addicted to drugs and you're addicted to CUK, seek help.

It also looks like you're getting angry again, your superfluous ":" is back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post
              You're addicted to drugs and you're addicted to CUK, seek help.

It also looks like you're getting angry again, your superfluous ":" is back.
              One of these is true.

I don't have to use the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Sorry but this is probably the lamest thing I have ever seen next to people creating FB's for their babies and posting on their behalf.

Sure fire way to piss your friends off. It's bad enough with them telling you they are tired or opening a bottle of ******* wine without some dog spamming you.

To be fair all the people I am moaning about in the above paragraphs are either under 13 or mentally retard. Go figure.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  To be fair all the people I am moaning about in the above paragraphs are either under 13 or mentally retard. Go figure.
                  Erm, why do you have them on your facebook then?
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Erm, why do you have them on your facebook then?
                    Because I generally act like a 13 year old retard so feel comfortable in their company.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X