• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strauss-Kahn case is 'close to collapse', say reports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strauss-Kahn case is 'close to collapse', say reports

Strauss-Kahn case is 'close to collapse', say reports | World news | guardian.co.uk

Now isn't that a surprise? I was blown away, knocked off my feet I tell you.

New York Times report now suggests that police and prosecuting lawyers have concluded that the 32-year-old Guinean immigrant has lied repeatedly.
    Clearly the defendant wants to avoid trial and wants to see if he can work out a deal that's acceptable to him. And my sense is that the victim would like a big payday. Why does she want to make a deal now? Why not wait until the conviction, and then sue? [Because] the defendant doesn't have much money. All the money is his wife's money. And if you win a suit-let's assume she wins a $10 million judgment against him. She's not going to collect it. He'll go bankrupt.
    Between this woman and Fred the shred's woman they have caused world markets to collapse.

Woman.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 1 July 2011, 06:31.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Sounds like he was stitched up.

Comment

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
      Possibly. Possibly it is because these crimes are hard to prosecute.

Comment

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
        Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Possibly. Possibly it is because these crimes are hard to prosecute.
        He may have been stitched up but just what did he do to compromise his position?

If his behaviour was whiter than white they wouldn't be able to pin anything on him.

No smoke without fire...

Comment

There has been an up side to this for French women.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/07/wo...xualharassment

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/01/wo...xualharassment
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I would just rather the truth was found and appropriate action is taken.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I would just rather the truth was found and appropriate action is taken.
              Sometime it takes something like this to happen, then the truth comes out.

I saw an interview with the French president where he said he had warned Strauss-Kahn to be carefull in the US. Why would he have done that is there was not a reason.

He may get way with it, but as I said, things may change for women in France.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I can't help thinking he has been stitched up on this one. They will know of his previous activities, it was fairly common knowledge anyway. They wanted him out, job done, now I expect he will be allowed to crawl back home.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  Sometime it takes something like this to happen, then the truth comes out.

I saw an interview with the French president where he said he had warned Strauss-Kahn to be carefull in the US. Why would he have done that is there was not a reason.

He may get way with it, but as I said, things may change for women in France.
                  You are presuming guilt there on his part, and when I say that I am not building his defence, if he is guilty I would in a daily mail style voice 'throw away the key'. On the other hand I do not think it was a stitch up, the truth is something we are miles away from us ever knowing. Kind of saying I do not approve of media courts and people excepting the paper's verdict before a trial has started.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    You are presuming guilt there on his part, and when I say that I am not building his defence, if he is guilty I would in a daily mail style voice 'throw away the key'. On the other hand I do not think it was a stitch up, the truth is something we are miles away from us ever knowing. Kind of saying I do not approve of media courts and people excepting the paper's verdict before a trial has started.
                    Yes I think there is guilt on his part, not necessarly in this case. Karma is a B1ach.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X