• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Firms urged to hire UK unemployed not foreign workers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firms urged to hire UK unemployed not foreign workers

BBC News - Firms urged to hire UK unemployed not foreign workers

What's he smoking? I want some for the weekend.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Reminds me of "A British job for every British worker".

First port of call, stop ALL work permits. That's right issue no work permits at all.

Then tell me there isn't someone in the whole of Europe that can fill the job.

If you ain't an EU citizen, bog off!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      BBC News - Firms urged to hire UK unemployed not foreign workers

What's he smoking? I want some for the weekend.
      I am about to employ a homeless person ... I am looking for an Eastern European 25 year old bird with a good chassis and down on her luck . I don't think my Admin manager will agree
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So what is the alternative chaps?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          So what is the alternative chaps?
          They need to approach the problem they way they have approached other recent crises. Take foot and mouth for example, that was dealt with very effectively.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            I am looking for an Eastern European 25 year old bird with a good chassis and down on her luck .
            I think she fits your criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              First port of call, stop ALL work permits.
              That one needs tailoring.

I'd leave the door open to Phd's and the like. There are many a story out there of the right people turned away, those vital to a niche technology driven markets.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Reminds me of the Buy British campaign of the 70s and/or 80s. We all know how that turned out.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

"But businesses said migrants were often preferred because they had a better work ethic and skills than Britons"

How this shit: journalism is allowed to continue on the BBC is beyond me, no quote from a single business but businesses are quoted which is presented as fact.

"In a speech to the Spanish Foundation for Analysis and Social Studies in Madrid"

Yes, we have always trusted their analysis of the UK's home office policy.

"He is expected to say"

Writing an opinion now?

"political correspondent Iain Watson says that as well as delivering a blunt message to British employers, the speech would be aimed at the Lib Dems - some of whom had been critical of Conservative rhetoric on immigration"

I think so

Comment

First port of call, stop ALL work permits. That's right issue no work permits at all.

Then tell me there isn't someone in the whole of Europe that can fill the job.

If you ain't an EU citizen, bog off!

WDPS

There ain't no black in the Union Jack. Send them all home. British jobs for British people.

Well said Dim.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X