• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pound seems to be weakening against the euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pound seems to be weakening against the euro

How low will it go? Will we see €1.08 again?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Parity?

Will Greece give us a loan?
    Where? Bring a bottle? fancy dress?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

There's gonna be some profit taking - I think everyone has written Greece out. I'm more surprised it's not moving in the other direction.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

If you take thoughts away from currency, the direction would seem predictable, IMO.

Europe has confidence, life for the majority is good and they're making stuff.

UK has pessimism, threat of money printing and does not really make anything that people of the world want to buy.

I see the £ declining against the € over the next 2 years at least.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          If you take thoughts away from currency, the direction would seem predictable, IMO.

Europe has confidence, life for the majority is good and they're making stuff.
          Only for the Northern half of Europe surely?
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

UK has pessimism,...
            And the cuts haven't even started yet. We are still borrowing like Gordon Brown on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              Only for the Northern half of Europe surely?
              No I'm thinking in terms of people and the people who use euros. The single currency does not care for lines on a map and that's why I'm betting on it.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Gordon Brown on steroids.
                That has left me with a truly awful vision of wobbly translucent skinned moobs. I actually had to gargle with mouthwash to get rid of the taste of sick.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Short term patterns notwithstanding, I'm betting against the Euro long term.
                  Spain, Portugal, Greece and Italy are basket cases, France is about the same as the UK. Germany is strong for now but its demographics count against it.
                  All the big countries have bigger government debt-to-GDP ratios than the UK (surprised? its true).
                  Britain has going for it: better age demographics, the English language, more flexibility and a proven ability to change that the others do not and a world-famous education system at the top level.

HTH
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Short term patterns notwithstanding, I'm betting against the Euro long term.
                    Spain, Portugal, Greece and Italy are basket cases, France is about the same as the UK. Germany is strong for now but its demographics count against it.
                    All the big countries have bigger government debt-to-GDP ratios than the UK (surprised? its true).
                    Britain has going for it: better age demographics, the English language, more flexibility and a proven ability to change that the others do not and a world-famous education system at the top level.

HTH
                    I'll have some of what you're smoking too

Comment

Working...
                    X