• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which random extra skills should I try and pick up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which random extra skills should I try and pick up?

Right then, I've recently been doing a bit of client side web stuff with HTML & CSS (which it has to be said is much simpler than the old fashioned HTML I learnt years ago) and I think it would be useful to have a bit more knowledge of that and this new fangled Ajax stuff.

So, which of the many frameworks should I look at? JQuery seems like an obvious choice, are there any others worth devoting effort to?

I do have an end project in mind so I have something to use it on.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Lion taming.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Lion taming.
      Already have that. Well, pussy baiting, but it's the same sort of thing.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

People skills.

Ask sasguru if you need advice.

Cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Already have that. Well, pussy baiting, but it's the same sort of thing.
          Is that where you hang around outside Churchills house shouting 'armchair warrior, armchair warrior'?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Retail bank repossession facilitator, massive skills shortage just around the corner.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

what you need is to get on the [TOOT] [TOOT] .Net gravy train

plenty of room all aboard

and then go for the high rates like Dim Prawn

in terms of where to focus,

those in the know reckon it's best to aim for and get the full MSDN Certification

Milan.

Comment

I'm just doing some MS certs because my contract is up at some stage and need to update my CV a bit. Not working too hard as it's stuff I sort of know already (C#, SQL Server, SSIS etc), just studying on the train each day instead of buying a paper. I got an MCAD back in 2003 and it's now all MCITP type stuff. No practical use at all but gets your CV in front of clients and sort of refreshes your memory of stuff you thought you'd forgot. First one up in a few weeks is SQL Server 2008 Development.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

on the subject of WinTel, has anyone worked out how to use the chart wizard from the ribbon in excel 2007

it's got me reet confused

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    on the subject of WinTel, has anyone worked out how to use the chart wizard from the ribbon in excel 2007

it's got me reet confused

Milan.
                    Erm, go to insert and there is a little section for charts, choose the one you want, select some data, format it. There is no wizard as such but it all appears on the ribbon.

Comment

Working...
                    X