• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just had a usual phone conversation with an estate agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a usual phone conversation with an estate agent

EA "Did you see the properties I emailed to you? What do you think? Nice 5 bed detached house in Esher...blah blah"

DP "Saw it, didn't think it represented good value for money."

EA "That's the price, you either pay it or you don't, there's no negotiating, I've got a waiting list of buyers that will snap up property at almost any price."

DP "Well, I'll look around and see what comes up".

EA "I wouldn't hang about, we sell most houses without even marketing them in today's market, good luck. click"

I think the fact I didn't want to pay £1.4m for an identikit Barratt starter home on a housing estate pissed him off.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I think the fact I didn't want to live in the south east at all pissed him off.
    FTFY
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

EA "Did you see the properties I emailed to you? What do you think? Nice 5 bed detached house in Esher...blah blah"

EA "That's the price, you either pay it or you don't, there's no negotiating, I've got a waiting list of buyers that will snap up property at almost any price."

EA "I wouldn't hang about, we sell most houses without even marketing them in today's market, good luck. click"

I think the fact I didn't want to pay £1.4m for an identikit Barratt starter home on a housing estate pissed him off.
      He's recognised you for the timewasting Walter Mitty you are.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        He's recognised you for the timewasting Walter Mitty you are.
        WHS. At current prices I'm a time waster.

Comment

Then the sellers would be able to demand almost any price shirley?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

If they sell that quickly then why the **** are they wasting time calling people?
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              If they sell that quickly then why the **** are they wasting time calling people?
              Gaddafi.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

WHS. At any price I'm a time waster.
                FTFY.

Comment

Once the house price crash has completed its course the £1.4m house will be on the market for 200K at most. But then there would be other things to worry about, like buying bread and surviving than worry about house prices.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Once the house price crash has completed its course the £1.4m house will be on the market for 200K at most. But then there would be other things to worry about, like buying bread and surviving than worry about house prices.
                    Not in prime Surrey commuter belt it won't.

PS Dim: Give it up you can't afford it. A million plus for a bog standard home is what it costs here.

HTH
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X