• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fings things to do in Barrow - are there any?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fings things to do in Barrow - are there any?

About to start a 6 monther in Barrow-in-Furnace. I've done some googling but can't seem to find anything happening in that area, other than some organised run on Walney Isle.... There's not even a holiday Inn express nearby?!

I've heard Barrow is the cul-de-sac of the UK, but surely there must be something up there?

Fck me, you got the tulipty end of a stick.

I'd take up crack cocaine as a hobby. Everyone else there does.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
      About to start a 6 monther in Barrow-in-Furnace. I've done some googling but can't seem to find anything happening in that area, other than some organised run on Walney Isle.... There's not even a holiday Inn express nearby?!

I've heard Barrow is the cul-de-sac of the UK, but surely there must be something up there?
      Ok, first, buy an orange, a bin bag and a Doors album.

When you arrive at your accomodation, strip off, put the orange in your mouth and fashion a mini skirt out of the bin bag. Then put the Doors album on and stand on a sturdy chair directly underneath a light fitting. Remove the light bulb and coil the flex around your neck.

The rest is up to you really
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Andy's chippy.

Comment

I wish you luck. Its the arse end of nowhere and makes Sellafield a nice place to be. The only thing going for it is that the commute to Sellafield is worse.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Try punter net

NSFW (or anywhere else)
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Try punter net

NSFW (or anywhere else)
              That's how you distinguish between REAL contractors and wannabe types.

Anyone who knows that punternet exists is the real deal

Comment

Oh well, I'd better start running then.

Great news about the chip shop... do they do chips and curry sauce, I wonder?

As for the orange, plastic bag and a rope suggestion - I'm a lady, my name is not Michael!

Comment

As for the orange, plastic bag and a rope suggestion - I'm a lady, my name is not Michael!
                  In a 'Little Britain' styleee ?

I don't thaink that particular practice has to be gender specific, but let us know how you get on

Comment

Fook... I know a few ex-pats from BiF, seems to be somewhere they swear they will never ever think of going back to

going to be a long six months
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X