• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom x Boom = BOOM!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom x Boom = BOOM!

So just renewed for 7 weeks, client wanted me for 3 - 6 months but in a bizarre twist the agency couldn't sort this so are trying to sort a second contract for the rest of the duration...

...but then the PM from my old project wants me back, to start ASAP but 7 weeks will be fine - much prefer this project so am going for it and having to tell current client not to chase for the second contract

2 booms in a week - haven't finalised second contract but know client well enough to celebrate prematurely
    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Excellent start to the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
      ...but then the PM from my old project wants me back, to start ASAP but 7 weeks will be fine - much prefer this project so am going for it and having to tell current client not to chase for the second contract
      Congrats. How do you manage to tell your PM? I always feel guilty of not accepting any extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
        Congrats. How do you manage to tell your PM? I always feel guilty of not accepting any extensions.
        well a stroke of luck really, had the agency been able to write a contract properly they would have done it for 3 months maybe even 6 depending on what client decided but they couldn't, this means I have accepted what was offered and not turned down a second extension as it hasn't yet materialised and now old project is back on horizon I can safely accept that knowing that im fulfilling all the current client requires of me... could mean a kick up the arse for the agency
        sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Working...
        X