• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NOTW forecast a heatwave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOTW forecast a heatwave

Couple of nice days now until Tuesday when it gets a bit poo.

Then two whole weeks of scorching weather.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

‘Little ice age’ to hit Britain

Wipe that smile off your face:

Waning sunspot activity means Europe could be gripped by freezing winters similar to the 'little ice age' that began in the 17th century
    Britain and continental Europe could be gripped over the next few decades by freezing winters similar to the “little ice age” that began in the 17th century, researchers predict.

A study found that waning sunspot activity could lead to a series of bitterly cold winters, with average temperatures in Britain falling by about 2C.

The scientist who led the research, Mike Lockwood, professor of space environment physics at Reading University, found last year that a decrease in sunspots could block winds that can keep Europe from excessive cold in winter.

In the research, published this week by the Institute of Physics (IoP), Lockwood and his team analysed the activity of the sun over the past 9,300 years using Met Office data.
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...icle662079.ece
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Result. The Sledge King of Hampshire is back in business.

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Result. The Sledge King of Hampshire is back in business.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Couple of nice days now until Tuesday when it gets a bit poo.

Then two whole weeks of scorching weather.

Just in time for doodab's homecoming week off. Perfect.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Just in time for doodab's homecoming week off. Perfect.
            You have another gig lined up?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              You have another gig lined up?
              Nope. I will use the time for exercise, catching up on reading, and spending time with my boy.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
              X