• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Making your first ebay million

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making your first ebay million

I hear all the time of folks that make a tidy living on ebay. I also see "buy this guide to making money on ebay" or "buy this successful ebay shop for only £20K"

Has anyone on here made serious dough on ebay? Is it possible? How do you go about it? What start up capital do you need?

If it is that easy, why aren't we all doing it?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

The best method is to write a "how to make money on ebay" guide and sell it on ebay.
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
      The best method is to write a "how to make money on ebay" guide and sell it on ebay.
      If you can write a guide on how to write a "how to make money on ebay" guide, I'll definitely buy it on ebay.

Comment

Not just eBay, I am amazed at the things people sell. Looking at ads in a local free paper today, set of used wood screws, £4. Must be hardly worth the hastle of placing the ads. Some people are either very hard up or very mean.

PS Mind you, I was bit annoyed when I gave an old dresser to Christian Aid last month and they sold if for £230.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Looking at ads in a local free paper today, set of used wood screws, £4. Must be hardly worth the hastle of placing the ads. Some people are either very hard up or very mean.
          What would be more stupid is a retard buying them. You can get a box of new ones for less than half that price.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            I hear all the time of folks that make a tidy living on ebay. I also see "buy this guide to making money on ebay" or "buy this successful ebay shop for only £20K"

Has anyone on here made serious dough on ebay? Is it possible? How do you go about it? What start up capital do you need?

If it is that easy, why aren't we all doing it?

I was thinking of expanding my selling efforts online .....

However after investigating, I didnt bother to go in to it full time .....

To be competitive and get any decent return, especially with foreign sellers, I would have to buy in bulk, minimum order prices from £10k+ ...

It just isnt worth the hassle .....

Comment

Set of used wood screws, £4
              Um, I meant used wood drills. Selling used wood screws would indeed be wierd.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I made a couple of grand on ebay a few years ago when the Wii first came out. They were in short supply one Xmas and everyone wanted one.

It was easy to buy them from Europe (mainly amazon FR and amazon DE to be honest) and sell them for a tidy profit on ebay. Used to make about £50-60 per one sold. All I did was buy a shedload of EU to UK plug adaptor things - that was the only difference.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Um, I meant used wood drills. Selling used wood screws would indeed be wierd.
                  Damn. For a minute there I thought I was sitting on a goldmine.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    I made a couple of grand on ebay a few years ago when the Wii first came out. They were in short supply one Xmas and everyone wanted one.

It was easy to buy them from Europe (mainly amazon FR and amazon DE to be honest) and sell them for a tidy profit on ebay. Used to make about £50-60 per one sold. All I did was buy a shedload of EU to UK plug adaptor things - that was the only difference.
                    Did something a bit similar with DVD boxsets - wait for a store to do some crazy deal 50% cheaper than any other shop, then sell on eBay £2 cheaper than the average price.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X