• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cylists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylists

On Friday, one of my friends was killed while cycling - she was hit by a truck turning right in front of her. She died instantly. Today a cyclist came onto the roundabout despite the fact I was already on it, and came close to being laminated over my bonnet - if I hadn't been paying attention, she would have been, and her kid on the back.

If you're a cyclist - be careful out there. We may be obliged to give way (and I do!), but you're awfully vulnerable and in a contest with a car or lorry - you'll lose and die.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Taking a kid on your bike seems rather foolish.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

V. frequent on the continent - either a child seat fitted on the back, or one of those trailers which you may have seen at Centreparcs.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Those kiddie trailers terrify me, and there's often a baby inside them.

If I see one ahead of me I start wondering if I could stop if my brakes failed, and drive accordingly.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          If you're a cyclist - be careful out there. We may be obliged to give way (and I do!)
          Yes, I did when I cycled as well.

However I've never seen a single cyclist at all up north even slow down, let alone stop for red lights or junctions. Many couldnt care less, because the motorist is always in the wrong and if they survive, they'll get a huge payout to spend on their chavvy beer ....

Comment

Originally posted by wim121
            I couldnt care less if they get killed, less of them on the roads!

Hope that's not too subtle for you.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              On Friday, one of my friends was killed while cycling - she was hit by a truck turning right in front of her. She died instantly. Today a cyclist came onto the roundabout despite the fact I was already on it, and came close to being laminated over my bonnet - if I hadn't been paying attention, she would have been, and her kid on the back.

If you're a cyclist - be careful out there. We may be obliged to give way (and I do!), but you're awfully vulnerable and in a contest with a car or lorry - you'll lose and die.
              Very sad news. And yep, those kiddie trailers are terrifying. And a dreadful thing for the driver too. Just got back from a lovely day's cycling with friends - and yes, it's easy to forget how vulnerable you are.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121

So I have no sympathy at all for them. I couldnt care less if they get killed, less of them on the roads!
                You odious little troll.

Comment

When I go cycling I stop for zebra crossings. The people crossing the road are always really surprised, and usually say thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    You odious little troll.
                    Not WHS.

Just a very poor attempt at trolling.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X