• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Else Doing A P11D Today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Else Doing A P11D Today?

How on earth do you fill this out?

Comment

Lord knows, my accountant does that kind of thing for me.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Lord knows, my accountant does that kind of thing for me.
        WSS.

Don't even know what it is to be sure, despite having em done for me the past 7 years.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

A bit late don't you think? Those were due ages ago. its to do with BiK isn't it. So I don't even bother to fill one in.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

It's one thing admitting your incompetence, it's another doing it in general where we can call you a retard without fear of a ban
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
              How on earth do you fill this out?
              With a pen?
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                A bit late don't you think? Those were due ages ago. its to do with BiK isn't it. So I don't even bother to fill one in.
                6 July is the deadline so not late. You'll have to fill one in if you pay for hotels for yourself (even business need) or meals or travel costs etc.

You need to fill out the sections that you've done.

Mileage - only enter amounts above tax free 40p/25p (note 40p not 45p as its last tax year)

Travelling / Hotels - Stick the amount in the box leave the "amount made good" box at 0 unless you've paid some back them submit a Section 336 ITEPA 2003 claim to HMRC so that they tax isn't added to your tax code.

The 336 claim is just a letter saying that his is not taxable income - google for examples.

I.e. mine was

Mileage allowances £0
                Traveling and Subsistence £1500

No Class 1 NICs due on the above.

Then I put a S336 claim in for £1500 to stop my tax code being changed.
                Last edited by Sockpuppet; 4 July 2011, 11:40. Reason: corrected mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  6 July is the deadline so not late. You'll have to fill one in if you pay for hotels for yourself (even business need) or meals or travel costs etc.

You need to fill out the sections that you've done.

Mileage - only enter amounts of tax free 40p/25p (note 40p not 45p as its last tax year)

Travelling / Hotels - Stick the amount in the box leave the "amount made good" box at 0 unless you've paid some back them submit a Section 336 ITEPA 2003 claim to HMRC so that they tax isn't added to your tax code.

The 336 claim is just a letter saying that his is not taxable income - google for examples.

I.e. mine was

Mileage allowances £0
                  Traveling and Subsistence £1500

No Class 1 NICs due on the above.

Then I put a S336 claim in for £1500 to stop my tax code being changed.
                  Which is why I leave it to my accountant. I let him decide if this needs to be filled in.

Its no wonder the black market is so large with such complexity in the tax!
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

P11D isn't very complex and at least they have stuck with normal webforms that work. It's those flakey PDF based rubbish things for accounts and CT600 that get up my nose. Last time I filled CT600 it failed to submit due to a wierd error and I was told the only solution was to do it all again!!

PS It's probably got a data grabbing bot with virtual CCTV in it.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X