• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you become a house husband?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you become a house husband?

They say that behind every great man is a great women, but according to today's Mail that is changing.

Would you, if your wife earned more or the same
    money give up work and look after the house and
    kids?

For the record. I wouldn't. But how about everyone else?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    They say that behind every great man is a great women, but according to today's Mail that is changing.

kids?

It's not for some women either, especially as such work is sneered at.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

kids?

What changed?

I would love nothing more than to stay at home and look after the kids while the missus went out to work. Of course as my missus only ever earned 20k per year in her job it would be financial suicide.

As mentioned above, it seems the man as higher paid breadwinner (in most cases) is forced to go out to work, stress and earlier death while women get to stay at home and watch Cash in the Attic and then a court gives then half! WTF!!

Comment

kids?

I would become a house husband. As long as it wasn't yours.

I suspect that this discomfort at the idea among some men is just another sign of repressed homosexuality.

Comment

Oh!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I would become a house husband. As long as it wasn't yours.
            WHS - Still probably would not stop me starting up my own home business.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I suspect that this discomfort at the idea among some men is just another sign of repressed homosexuality.
              Nah it's because they know they would be ******* bored with only under 5s to talk to all day.

Loads of women are hence they go back to work even if it's only part-time and just in the local Sainburys for a couple of hours asap.

Those women who have filthy rich husbands and aren't achievers take up a hobby i.e. tennis or spend hours going out for lunch for the same reason.

There as the chav class just sit in and watch TV.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I would. I have plenty of ways to fill my time. I would need a sizable allowance though.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I would. I have plenty of ways to fill my time. I would need a sizable allowance though.
                  You best search for a woman with the skills to earn even more money and help her get richer.

I think MP is free.....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I already am/have agreed to ......

Ive tried over the years to support the other half in getting her permanent stable work, she has built up a good career. Meanwhile, Ive renovated the house in and around contracting, which suits me fine.

We have already discussed that if we have children, I will stay at home with them since I can do all chores.

I have found though, from comments directed towards house husbands I know that the stigma still hasnt disappeared. Some of society still views housewives as the norm (hard working women), yet if a man does it, he must be some kind of deviant, lazy or just watching p*rn all day. Personally, I would be glad to do such a thing, but I think too much sexism exists in society.

Comment

Working...
                    X