• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knowledge Management

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowledge Management

Ok been asked to implement Knowledge Management in a well known global company. Que pasa mocha cho - was my response. Seriously anyone got any thoughts on tools, data analysis, process, strategy etc etc. Anecdotes particularly welcome.

Chico, I designed and implemented a KM system for a government agency last summer.
    What exactly do you want to know?

Comment

Wage Ok who articulated the vision initially and what issues did you face in implementation. How long did it take and what size organisation was it etc etc

Comment

who articulated the vision
        :rolleyes
        Buzz word bingo!

Comment

Knowledge Management
          Call me a f*ckwit but what the hell is it?

Comment

smells of sh1te and pays good rates that's all you need to know

do it in .Net and kill two birds with one stone eh Franco

Milan.

Comment

Wage Ok who articulated the vision initially and what issues did you face in implementation. How long did it take and what size organisation was it etc etc
              It was an organisation of approximately 500, split across several sites.

I'm not sure there was a vision...that's too grand. The reality is that senior management felt they needed to retain and use knowledge more effectively, and after several years of messing around they decided to get someone to do it for them.

How long did it take? Overall, probably around four years, due mainly to management messing around, brining consultants to write reports and then using the reports as expensive coasters.
              The project plan that I wrote, if it's any help, was scheduled from 12/03 to 6/05 -knowing the organisation I doubt they managed to stick to that.

Comment

''It was an organisation of approximately 500''

feck me that's a fecking noddy SMB !!

ROTFLMFAO

delusions of grandeur !!

Milan.

Comment

feck me that's a fecking noddy SMB !!
                  Compared to your village, it's fecking enormous.

delusions of grandeur !!
                  WTF are you on about???

Comment

WS Thanks in terms of tool sets, was it developed in house or off the shelf or mixture or both. Any experience of case based reasoning tools and knowledge management integration with CRM?

Comment

Working...
                    X