• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prevent global warming, burn more coal!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prevent global warming, burn more coal!

Although burning the coal produced more warming carbon dioxide, it also put more tiny sulphate aerosol particles into the atmosphere which cool the planet by reflecting solar energy back into space.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

hmm....

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Alternatively, shine a coloured light into the sky that has the effect of turning the blue sky to black. Just need a sun tracker and you can have a permanent sun shade.

BTW, All these ideas I'm posting are patent pending. Send me a cheque and I'll cut you in for when the patent snafflers come along to buy them up for silly inflated prices.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Pahhhhh CO2/manmade climate change is the biggest con of the past century .......

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
          Pahhhhh CO2/manmade climate change is the biggest con of the past century .......

Never said it wasn't. Doesn't stop people from cashing in on it.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The usual .....

WHAT! The short-term trend is all over the place?! You mean we still have weather? Well, I'll be ...

Do let know when this trend gets reversed.

Does CO2 always correlate with temperature (and if not, why not?)
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

temperatures have not changed much for the last 14 years. So whatever the reason, soot, sulpher aerosols, volcanoes, other natural variability or whatever
              one thing is certain

this was not predicted by the models

the models have never hit the button. the IPCC is a fraud, climate science is a fraudulent science

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Temps up about 0.2C

pretty much as predicted by the models. But the trend is still too short to be very significant, you need to take an average of an ensemble of models over a longer period otherwise you get scribble:

http://www.realclimate.org/images/model10.jpg
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Do current models take into account the low solar activity which could account for the recent cold winters? The Maunder minimum (about 1650–1700) was a prolonged episode of low solar activity which coincided with more severe winters in the United Kingdom and continental Europe.

Can this be considered localised and transient or does it have a real effect on modelling and longer term predictions?
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Constants in life:
                    • The speed of light in a vacuum
                    • The Newtonian constant of gravitation
                    • The Planck constant
                    • The Faraday constant
                    • Another AGW thread on CUK
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X