• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nearly no more suity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly no more suity

Yes folks, you nearly had no more suity.

Well ok in context, and with all perspective goggles firmly on this is how it reads.

Last Friday I felt ill and retired to bed. I elected to watch the Scotsman get beat at Wimbledon on the bedroom telly. I couldn't sleep owing to the sickness feeling and dull ache in my groin.

As SY02 et al had been chucking I assumed I had just pulled the short straw. SY02 went out as usual and I went to bed. That evening I notice a dull ache in the groin area.

I checked it out, and noticed a lump.

I went to the "walk in centre" in Luton as my surgery was closed the following day (Saturday) and the doctor could not find anything. This was disappointing as I even went to the great lengths of actually showing him where precisely it was. Still he could not find anything.

So I waited out the rest of my weekend and visited my GP on Monday morning. After a brief search he indeed found said lump. He then clicked at his keyboard and told me I had been referred for an ultrasound.

I asked the following questions and got the following answers :

So you found it right? (Yes I can feel it)
    Is it serious (Well we have to wait for the ultra sound)
    Sure but in your opinion is it serious (Well it's hard to say)
    When is my ultrasound? (They'll contact you in 10 working days)

I left the doctors in pieces. What an unfeeling doctor. I mean ffs I have a lump!! 2 week waiting for a scan, and from what I read things can change daily and get very nasty in a short space of time and get into the lymph system.

It didn't take long for me to suss out the prospect of going private. The quote was £253 and they could do the same day.

It took me two receptionists and then ultimately the doctor to explain I wanted to be referred, and this was over numerous phone calls. Eventually I collected the referrral form.

This morning I got a call from the private hostpital.

Have you got the referral form? (Yes)
    9:40 ok? (Yes)

In and out. It was a cyst. Phew.

Then I got skyped by a mate when I got home to see how I was (random skype). I brought him up to speed. It turns out :

Last month his brother discovered a lump
    He got an immediate appt at the drs
    1 day later he got an ultrasound
    3 days later he got the testicle removed as it was cancerous.

So the NHS post code lottery continues.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    the doctor could not find anything. This was disappointing as I even went to the great lengths of actually showing him where precisely it was
    This raises all sorts of worrying mental images, and possible ongoing jokes about the size of your bits.

But, that sounds awful - glad it is OK after the wait. Out of interest, what do they do about a cyst - anything?

Also - stop being ill you jessie!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      This raises all sorts of worrying mental images, and possible ongoing jokes about the size of your bits.

But, that sounds awful - glad it is OK after the wait. Out of interest, what do they do about a cyst - anything?

Also - stop being ill you jessie!
      The consultant said that any growth on the outside of the testes was 99% benign and they would do nothing. He also said one of his clients had a cyst the size of a tangerine who had elected to have it removed as it got in the way of his golf swing.

SY03-05 a in line for some big big hugs. I tried it this evening and got told to "gerroff". Try again tomrrow when they are off guard.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Had a similar problem about ten years back.

Got a small lump on the back of my neck write
        on the spine. It got bigger and bigger and more
        painful. Made working at the
        computer very uncomfortable.

Went to the doctor. It was a cyst. But they wouldn't remove it. In their opinion it was cosmetic, but it was bloody painful.

So I rang a few clinics, haggled over the price and next day had an operation in a private hospital. I think paid about £800 quid. It was the size of a golfball then. Job done and i have a one and a half inch scar
        on the back of neck.

When the kids were born i started to pay for private health care. £150 per month. Four years later the lad needed(and still does need) an operation. Still waiting on the NHS after 18 months, when I attempted to use my private healthcare the fookers wriggled out of it by saying it was pre-existing (as he was only a year old they classed pre-existing as born with). After many challenges to their decision with no luck I cancelled my healthcare.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just make sure that when you have it removed they get the right lump.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Just make sure that when you have it removed they get the right lump.
            Otherwise we'll have to call him Uncle Bulgaria.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Got a large fat unsightly lump on the back of my neck write
              on the spine..
              It's called your ******* head.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  A nice thought, but I think if that were the case it would have been amputated as an emergency procedure on public health grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Last Friday I felt ill and retired to bed. I elected to watch the Scotsman get beat at Wimbledon on the bedroom telly. I couldn't sleep owing to the sickness feeling and dull ache in my groin.
                    Chin up SY. He can always try again next year.

Good news on the health front by the way. Probably got that lump from too much cycling.
                    At your age surely Bowls would be more appropriate?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X