• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK pension age rise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK pension age rise

When people ask me when am I going to retire, I say never. Guess I'm not wrong!

UK pension age will have to rise to 70 because of Labour's reckless borrowing | Mail Online
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    When people ask me when am I going to retire, I say never. Guess I'm not wrong!

UK pension age will have to rise to 70 because of Labour's reckless borrowing | Mail Online
    I thought you were mega rich, building houses all over the tiger economies, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I thought you were mega rich, building houses all over the tiger economies, etc.
      Not mega rich, also painfully aware that no matter how much money you have now, it will never be enough to retire.

I see myself doing what I do now, contract 6-9 months of the year and taking the winter off in a warmer locations (if I can contract there too )
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

You honestly think you'll be able to secure IT contracts aged 60 or 70?

Dream on. This career ends at 50 tops.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Not for all of us
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Seeing what Bob is doing to f#@k up the current systems, I am sure there will be a lot of work to keep me going, as there will not be enough trained European contractors.

Very short sighted European companies means boom for me.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Pick you industry carefully and it won't be a problem keeping going on after 50.

And I'm planning to keep on going until I die although I'll cut down to 2-3 days a week with 1 month breaks from 50 onwards.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Any reasonable contractor should have retired by 50 anyway. Either they're crap or have wasted their money.

I'll be retiring at 48 in 4 years time to do some full time studying and then see where life takes me.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  Any reasonable contractor should have retired by 50 anyway. Either they're crap or have wasted their money.

I'll be retiring at 48 in 4 years time to do some full time studying and then see where life takes me.
                  I was thinking about doing that until some of my mates started retiring aged 50 odd and all seem to be having problems keeping themselves occupied or well. One problem that I frequently see is that their carefully laid plans turn out to be not as interesting as they thought they would be.

I think cutting down rather than stopping is a better approach as you really need to do something to avoid going doolally.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Utter Bollocks.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X